Crustywhips FR-izzle 50

crustywhip

• 9 months later...

Forgot about this, Bikes changed a bit and im a member of QCR here in Christchurch.  I never thought Id have so much fun on a small bike but every ride has a story and im always smiling.  I have just brought a complete running FR80 which will donate its engine so i will be getting some more speed hope fully.  I currently own 2xFR50s and 1x stretched FR80 with a CT90 engine so I have a little moped problem.

2drunhe.jpg

Expansion pipe and trimmed the rear guard a little

a47r7t.jpg

Lowered the bike some more, dropped and narrowed bars with my $5 100/80 rear tyre. Started playing with the idea of a hump on the rear.

2vacwox.jpg

And this was the last ride we went on a few weeks ago.  Bike didnt miss a beat except being a tad slow on the up hill leg.

ic47m8.jpg

• Like 1

its one of those moments where a stll image is burning into your memory for me, and that image is of an entire bike/body hidden and all i can see is the front wheel hooked up on the road haha! i was sketchy as on the downhill/any gravel on the rg50, pretty keen to try it all on the CB50 though,

anyway,

MORE ABOUT THIS FR80! if its anything like the little ds80 i bought, youll be popping wheelies with a twist of a wrist.

its one of those moments where a stll image is burning into your memory for me, and that image is of an entire bike/body hidden and all i can see is the front wheel hooked up on the road haha! i was sketchy as on the downhill/any gravel on the rg50, pretty keen to try it all on the CB50 though,

anyway,

MORE ABOUT THIS FR80! if its anything like the little ds80 i bought, youll be popping wheelies with a twist of a wrist.

There's some thing about shit breaks, road tyres and to much speed that is awesome. The rail trail got me amping riding with Chris and feeks. Hoping the 80 goes hard and will get a rebuild with some mild mods to carb and new exhaust.

• 1 month later...

So the re-power went well and it is noticeably faster at high Rpm.  Future plans are seat and tuned expansion pipe.  We also sold the car so this will be my daily until I sort a vehicle.  Sorry Christchurch but you will have to put up with 11k redline at 630am during the week. 

3480sqv.jpg