Stolen : ur wifi's, akl 2000 Golf suspect

JoKer

they do : and a pic of the car too

ASB called us over the phone. Hackers managed to use 150 dollars from our visa account in a gambling website on Friday 7 December 2012. They will make formal investigation.

This is the car to look out for:

Rego: EPS*** in 2008

Make: Voltswagon

Sub-model: Golf

Colour:Sliver

Year: 2000

If they turn up' date=' TURN YOUR WIFI ACCESS POINT OFF IMMEDIATELY!

Also if I'm allowed from any Slingshot staff member allows me to upload a photo of the car, I will do so[/quote']

one of them ppl careful about what they post online/deformation/slander etc

will save ya from clicking the 1st link in OP

Recently we have been seeing suspicious vehicles parked outside our house for many days and night and yesterday night' date=' I woke up at 10.29pm to grab a glass water and saw the same car parked outside smoking a pot of some sort, saw lighters and LCD blacklights glowing from underneath the driver and passenger seats, one tried to get out of their car saw us and immediately closed the door so we called the cops, said they will send the nearest unit to check out what is going on.... but never responded.

Today morning, I though about glowing backlights...... and what came to mind was smartphones. I decided to check my router. Noticed "WALN" lights trashing itself when we're barely using it. Decided to log onto our wireless homepage, check status using DHCP status and saw this **In screenshot**

There are so many "unknown devices" and plus we don't have that many wireless devices at home :)

So we decided to remove the antenna and it seemed just about right but internet or any wireless activity is slow as hell.

So to sum it up: We have

3 computers, 1 printer, 2 smartphones

"HP8BBABF" - HP Photosmart wireless printer

"Unknown" (1) - Probably my dad's smartphone

"May-PC" (1) - My mom's laptop on wireless

"Unknown" (2) - Probably my smartphone

"May-PC" (2) - My mom's laptop on Ethernet

"dessy" - My desktop of wireless

"michael-118b944" -My dad's desktop on wireless

Router is "D-Link DSL-G604T" on WPA-PSK which is the most secure - yeah right :P encryption method it offers.

I also went online and checked Slingshot's meter and was surprised to see such heavy usage. Me being the heaviest user only used about 200Gb in 3 months which seems fishy.

Are there any ways to "kick" users off? if not what kind of router would you recommend that is reliable, fast and secure?

Thanks,[/quote']

Not only did the skinheads hack into our network' date=' i think they also decrypted our network traffic. They haven't been hear for 2 days (3rd day after getting a new router. on the day we started using our new router, they left 2 mins after) now and my parents and i have been getting sms vertifications with banks, email. My dad got a netcode for asb transaction for an unknown person called "William" i got vertifications codes for my gmail.[/quote']
Here is what my dad received today.

http://forums.slings...f454ef2c600775a link that this forum wont let me display

Here is what my dad received today.

They tried transferring money?

In that case I believe you should notify the police and have them track down whoever owns the account they tried transferring money into.

Police pretty much told us to get lost. Went to police station' date=' reported this incident and all they did was came up with were excuses like "You can't tell it's them", "They might me uses someone elses wifi", "You can't tell that they were time ones hacking into your network, they could be playing games on the street"

I replied for my dad, "Who would be playing games on a laptop, outside of our house, on a blind corner at 12.45am midnight"

"Why can't you ask ASB for a log, too see what IP thee were using when trying to make the transaction?" He replied and said something about using public wifi.

"He is allowed to park in front of your house"

Me "Does it sound doggy to you that he had to park his car with his wheels on the sidewalk? when there are proper parking spaces just a few steps around the corner" etc...

"Leeching Wifi without permission it a crime"

Took a lot of effort before he even wrote a incident report with ref.no.

He doesn't seem to know what "foreshadowing- kinna like in a novel or film" or "crime" is. He doesn't think hacking into a person's bank and attempting to transfer money is a "crime" unless if suspect has acutally taken money from it.[/quote']

ASB called us over the phone. Hackers managed to use 150 dollars from our visa account in a gambling website on Friday 7 December 2012. They will make formal investigation.

This is the car to look out for:

Rego: EPS*** in 2008

Sub-model: Golf

Colour:Sliver

Year: 2000

If they turn up' date=' TURN YOUR WIFI ACCESS POINT OFF IMMEDIATELY!

Also if I'm allowed from any Slingshot staff member allows me to upload a photo of the car, I will do so[/quote']

Decrypting packets and a bit of luck on the timing is all it would've taken' date=' assuming that dessy made purchases online without SSL.[/quote']

its happened to both my parents running 2 separate bank accounts. If i remembered correctly, they were making some paypal transactions with a purchase they made on ebay from us. They also booked and purchased Christmas buffet dinner tickets.

paypal were made using my dad's personal bank account while dinner tickets were made using my parents shared account but only my mom's bit was affected.

Apparently "some online sites do not require the last 4 digits" whoo that needs a bit of work don't you think?

They could go around ripping the Hell out of someone's bank accounts without owner's knowledge.

Also our old g604t doesn't have anything else going a long with wpa whereas our new one has wpa/wpa2 going a long with aes. encryption.

They had a pretty shitty D-link router from the sounds of thing so that would be why. I use the same one but running custom firmware so is sweet

They should be able to set it up so it is MAC filtered or static IP and do it that way but they just went and bought a new router instead

my reply in the slingshot thread is

well this escalated quickly!! /img

google hacking wifi /keyloggers

http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/08/wireless-password-easily-cracked/

tinfoil hats time yeah!

as mentioned packets and things' date=' I like the part where they used their name transaction attempt LOL

cops '](*,) doh, e-crime is only just being started to be taken seriously, heck I know of a guy who lost 12k when he listed his bike on TM for 5k (overseas scammer etc)

tehehe seems appropriate

dude pays $17usd for a website to crack the packets/whatever