Sgt's Mitsi RVR hyper mover.

sgtjackass

I though you guys might be keen to see my new daily. Just saved it from the steriotypical owners.

1996 Mitsi Hyper gear sports.

Full evo3 spec motor.

Brought it because the seats at the back fold down to a full size bed. Pretty comfy. So awesome for missions.

Plans are to keep it as is. But just ordered a set of AT mud tyres, not sure why but will post pics of result

68406398496766294317664.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ah sweet yeah some of the early HSG's still had the TD04 from the SSG. The TD05 on yours actually has a larger compressor housing than the Evo1-3 TD05 but still the same wheels. It looks more like a reversed Evo4+ housing rather than the earlier style.

Change out those injectors to yellow top 510cc, and swap in an Evo1-3 AFM and ECU and you should be good to go for more power and safer fueling when you raise the boost up. If the BOV is atmo venting make it recirculate back into the intake.

Oh yeah be warned these things can get quite twitchy and tail happy in cornering due to the flappy arm rear suspension - I frequently got my non-turbo Sports Gear sideways around wet roundabouts.

It has yellow top injectors... Its been played with quite abit, but seems solid enough.

The bov vents to atmo now with no issues. Its not the sort of car that you would be hard on it through gear changes. I prob wont have any problems. Will chuck some more pics up once its Wofable.

it has the same size injectors as an Evo1-4 already then. You definitely want that BOV going back into intake, because it's an AFM system instead of a MAP sensor the ECU thinks that air is going into the engine and dumps fuel in. My VR-4 came with an atmo BOV and I improved fuel economy and made it a bit more responsive going back to the original recirculating BOV.

My mum drives one of these, an auto one though. We call it the people scarer. Dad bought it with a hole in the block and put a NA block in there with a slightly thicker head gasket, goes really well but a bit scary on the corners sometimes as mentioned.