EOI - shed raid

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I would very much like it to happen yes.

I've just had heaps of other car shit on over summer so been out of the loop for a bit.

The other thing is, i had a few PM's and words in person at meets with people who were concerned about it being advertised on a public forum - which is completely understandable.

Gotta iron out a few issues so that it'll actually work well.

• 5 months later...

I got a bit nervy when people started advising of their unkeenness to open their garages to a public forum. The suggestion was put out to organise it in full at a monthly meet, and PM out details to people who register interest at the meet, rather than organise it on a public forum.

I really like the idea, but yeah, i understand why people might not be keen to open their sheds, and if people don't open their sheds, we've got nothing to see!

Why not ask someone like k trips to pm the wellington region forum members that actually go to meets fairly reguarly and who he knows well enough to think it safe given the circumstances? I.e invite only and either group pm or something similar. Cause i see this as an epic reason to tidy up my shed somewhat to accomodate people ;) And i'm keen to see peoples rides that we don't see at the meets and stuff.

Obviously there's no garuntees but if we keep numbers down, trustworthy people only and no tag alongs it should be ok.

Why not ask someone like k trips to pm the wellington region forum members that actually go to meets fairly reguarly and who he knows well enough to think it safe given the circumstances? I.e invite only and either group pm or something similar. Cause i see this as an epic reason to tidy up my shed somewhat to accomodate people ;) And i'm keen to see peoples rides that we don't see at the meets and stuff.

Obviously there's no garuntees but if we keep numbers down, trustworthy people only and no tag alongs it should be ok.

this was pretty much the exact plan.

I don't actually know a lot of OS people apart from the core who are at wellington OS monthly meets. THere might be others OG's flapping round the forum that i don't know, so a tad hard for me to do it

If we have the shed raid on the weekend after a monthly meet a starting point can be announced there.

Then give out addresses on the day.

We need to make a new list of potential sheds.

If anyone is keen to open up the man cave register interest, even if you were on the earlier list.

What date will work? 

Maybe November?