shizzls Proceed to go offroad ute

shizzl

just got my pay slip for a week i was away on a driving course at burnham, then did a 9 day unimog course, i thought i got paid for both in one hit, so was stoked.then i was told it was only for the first course....BOOMER!!!!!

so with another massive pay due next week i went and splashed out on some mint mud tyres...pow..

theyr not extreme mud tyres,but still an aggressive tyre...

and will go pick up my saiga on saturday from milton.

got my new-ish tyres on today,sorted exhaust leak(for now) and fitted a thermostat.....now the heater is mint,and hoping itll solve part of the running rich issue..

thinking of getting one of these perhaps?lol....yeah thats me too..lol

great for camping/sitting on for a nice early morning brew

dscf2049er.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dscf2048sw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

picked up a radiator today,chucked it in to find it leaks more than the one i fucking had in it...

fucking wreckers, core has taken a hit id say and pierced a tube...

now i cant get to work tomorrow...what a shame...pissed off though.

ive sent the original radiator into auto radiators, gets gonna fizz it up today..

day off work, bored shitless.. cant even drive out to bluff for a training run...

the radiator thats in it is a ausy made one, so its been replaced before.

mazdas are known for having shit radiators anyway...

so the makeshift repair on the radiator has worked so far, and got keen to head offroad a bit on the weekend.

headed up to the longwoods for a look around and to sight in the 308....

its not a rough track, any suby could take it easy as...there was one section that was quick rocky and semi steepish(mainly a grip issue on decent)..

tyres gripped harder than a school boy and the engine braking was awesome for a petrol...idled down by itself at 1000rpm,itll rev up 14-1500rpm then idle itself right down again,didnt touch the gas or brake, so was stoked with that...

only issue i found was the front right out cv is clicky as...grrr...

so i parked up down the end of some rd, set the gps waypoint so i could find my way back if i actually got lost...

walked in about a km, round some tracks etc, saw a heap of deer sign, some was fresh, others were ancient...

heard someone taking in some target shots, so that was my hope of seeing anything gone...

so headed back down towards the truck, and did a mexican unload on a tree..

scope is waaaaay out, so will wait till i get my new mount before i melt more rounds out..

took the scope off and used the iron sights..

set up a stick about 100mm wide infront of the tree truck, 1st round grazed the right of it(from about 60m)

applied aim off, grazed the left, fired a 3rd, dead centre... then double tapped the shit out of it to unload the mag...

all i can say about the saiga now is that the trigger is so damn nice, and shit does she howl...

the first round went off like a cannon...

only have 49 rounds left...lol

had to work yesterday and today..

guess what i did instead?????

had the ute over the pit, dropped the coolant, flushed it and put new stuff in..

fixed the exhaust leak once and for all, cut the flange out and welded new pipe in.

also got some black paint and painted the tuf dek, looks alot better now.

i also sprayed 2 cans of under body sealer to the floor and radiator panel area, cos shes going offroad this week through the Nevis valley.

i also picked up another rifle today, a jw15 norinco, .22..has a 5 shot mag, bolt action, scoped, for $50 off a work mate..haha

oh and my good deed for the day was saving a juvenile possum from the sliding door on the grain silo sheds..

too young to die, and i had no ammo...

my partners brother has a jw-21 (leaver action ) and its pretty accurate with just iorn sights have shot quite a few jw-15s the early ones had a few issues with the fore sights moving from memory but since its scoped shouldn't be an issue some also had issues miss firing but that may have been the ammo that was issued

• Like 1

alot of accuracy issues are with the ammo in 22s ae...

went for a family 4x4 outing up the nevis valley rd today from garston to cromwell..

got halfway by the old miners huts and the front right cv exploded...

back to 2wd....gutted..

so now i have to replace the outer cv and boots on both sides.....

11hr round trip from home, didnt use a drop of oil/water, and only 3/4 tank of gas..

pics to follow

• 1 month later...

not much done at all...its my daily, so just cruisin..

have made up the 3 pieces for the rollbar with spotlight mounts.

just need to get it mounted,welded etc..

have changed the diff and g-box oil yesterday...box oil was still mint,diff oil was ok...well still mint for a diff.

• 2 months later...
Guest shizzl

doh, wof time..

will need to change the drivers seatbelt, adjust front wheel bearings, sort out the brake light/tail light wiring, ones side is arse about face..

but other things have soaked up my time lately, the truck needs a couple of hyd lifters replaced cosy its rattly and will only get worse in winter.

also need to finish my towbar set up..

this is whats kept me busy

yeah, building another stockcar from scratch this time..

010vgz.jpg