Rusty petrol tank

SOHC

I had to cut the bottom out of my Fords petrol tank as it was full of pin holes, my plan is to get it acid dipped and weld a new bottom back in, I was hoping to get away without putting in a tank sealer kit.

I used a POR 15 kit about 8 years ago in a bike but now its failing, and that Kreem brand is real shit, it lasts about a month. I am over tank sealers

My question is will it rust like crazy if I leave it bear steel inside?

Yer I was going to gas weld it, I cut the side out last night and patched it but the sides are soldered and that turned to shit, don't trust it to seal with the mig,

I don't think they can zink the inside of a tank successfully, only as far as the anode will go.

hot galv dip?

The soldered seams make that not posable

By the sounds of it you wouldn't get much else other than the patched piece of steel back if you tried that.

Pop rivet soldered seams and tank seal the crap out of it again

haha, sounds like the time they put my chromed parts in the wrong stripper barth.

I refuse to use tank sealer

I give up, its going to the scrap, I have made a huge mess, everything I did made it worse, the baffles have come loose, I have wasted heeps of solder and brazing rods, its just a hunk of shit, filled it wp with phosphoric acid and it revealed more holes

• 2 weeks later...