Supercharging VG30DE?

WhangareiKE70

I think the title pretty much spells out my idea (not sure if it's a good one yet that's why I am making this thread). Only piece to add is that it will be going in a Datsun 720 4wd, and I am already committed to the idea of a VG30DE at least.

However I have a few questions on this one:

1) Where/who would be able to make up a manifold for this?

2) If I were to perform a body lift on my 720 ute, would I get more space to mount it under the bonnet? (seems like a very simple/dahuuur question, and it is, but I have a tendency to miss the obvious things).

3) Another dumb question, will the VG30DETT (minus the turbos) work better than the VG30DE? As it probably has a lower compression ratio and is already made for boost?

4) Can anyone recommend a suitable supercharger? Not looking for super boost, just increase in low down torque for towing, as well as obvious wank factor.

Also any other thoughts on this, let me know.

It seems like a good idea to me as opposed to turbocharging due to the instantaneous torque of a supercharger vs. a turbo(s), as well as space in the 720's engine bay.

Thoughts/answers? :)

The supercharger will have to offset to one side (RHS) due to the distributor location. Unless you mount it up higher to clear the distributor. Then it will be thoroughly through your bonnet.

What computer where you thinking of using ? Factory VG30DE loom and ECU or aftermarket ? My understanding is the VG30 has an engine loom that's integrated into the rest of the under bonnet/dash wiring and is not easily separable like the 1JZ and 1UZ Toyota engine looms.

• 4 weeks later...