Car Valuations in the LNI/Wellys

Bistro

Fellow oldschoolers

Does anyone know of any authorised valuers that know their way around the cars in the oldschool period that you would recommend?

Wellington would be preferable (for me) but I notice there is no other thread in the LNI forum so how about a list of good ones round the region?

Thanks Chaps and Chapettes!

McGuinness's Classics Inc is an authorised valuer

http://www.mcguinnessclassics.co.nz/insurancenew.htm

"Insurance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is your classic insured for it's correct market value? Ensure it is by having us complete a Classic Car Market Valuation.

A full comprehensive policy is not the incorrect type of policy for your Classic and does not protect your investment.

Insist on an Agreed Value Policy accompanied by our written valuation. Phone for an appointment and we will complete it while you wait. We are the only long established Classics Car Dealer recognised and reccommended by the Insurance and Savings Ombudsman Office.

Insurance valuations can be performed on site or at your home or business - call to arrange one when your insurance falls due."

Gaz learnt this the hard way.

McGuiness are still going just have moved to Kapiti. I have used them before for the Cortina. They do know classics and usually deal in the more standard/restored type of vehicle, this means they may not necessarily put the right value on the car depending on what it is. I was reasonably happy with the Cortina valuation, came in at 8k in writting.

Any registered LMVD dealer can supply a valuation for you as long as they are happy to do so... AMI advised me this but dont see why it would be any differant to other insurance companies. So yeah find a friendly dealer and go from there.

Gaz

Yeah, go see Roy McGuinness, I'm not a LMVD anymore..

Also Roy's valuations are really worth something to insurance companies, they recommend him to clients. He's been doing it nearly 40 years and in that time they have never questioned any of his valuations as he is honest but fair.

Tell him James sent ya.