50cc quadbike carb settings

felixx

My neighbour aquired 2 50cc quads, (suzuki)

We currently ride them with our sons, thing is I am 25kg lighter than him and his is faster than mine. Mine appears to be struggling at higher revs.

I am guessing it is not getting enough fuel,

I have drained the tank and replaced it with new fuel.

The carb has a philips screw and a flat head screw.

Any tips on how to fix this?

one will most likely be idle/slide stop screw,and the other the fuel/air screw..

have you checked the filter aswell?

i would start with the fuel/air screw at about 2.5 turns out...screwing it in will lean it out,you dont want to be doing that with a 2 stroke,so its best to start off a bit rich than lean...

blowing smoke would be cos its a 2 stroke...

have you checked the plug aswell? it may me gummed up with oil/carbon deposits...

i wouldnt go too far from 3 turns out tbh,itll just foul the plug.

dont have the idle so high that it feels like its trying to move/engage the clucth...

Take the exhuast off and check that the port isnt Clogged up with carbon. Common issue with 2 strokes.

Also check that its the right plug and that the air filter/box is correct. The exhuast itself might be blocked up and require cleaning.

This is done with caustic soda, should be plenty of how toos on the net

there is a flat circle of foam in the air filter box. Dunno if more or less foam is needed.

If I remove carb, I will need to make/ buy new gaskets?

Sounds like lots of crazy shiz needing to be done, it might be easier to sabotage the neighbours

on 2 stroke farm bikes we burn out the baffles,theyr usually thick as hell,real sticky oily mess,takes about 15mins with a mild flame to burn it clear,and shit does it make some smoke!!

theres alot of things to consider on these...theyr not over dramatic though...

no where near as painfull as a trx420

carb cleaner,compressed air you may not need gasket paper if the manifold has an o ring,or if the carb on that is on a rubber tube manifold...

couple of spanners,screw drivers, ice cream container to put screws/jets etc into if your gonna strip it down..