Toyota diff experts

crustywhip

Browsing trademe I seen some one wrecking a MX83 cressida with leather interior. Now some thing tells me these have the factory LSD so I asked for the code off the chassis tag which is G315 Now google says that this makes it a 8inch with a 3.9 ratio and LSD so I asked for a buy now and brought it for $125.

Does this sound correct as there were alot of questions and nothing about the rear at all so I feel I may be missing some thing.

Lucky or no lucky?

They're usually pretty worn out and hardly ever spin 2, mine made all of 45 ft-lbs of breakaway :lol:

Pull it to bits and replace the spring in the middle with something of a higher rate, or convert it to a spacer and spring washers for max locking. Also give the clutch disks a good going over/clean up the grooves

these diffs are pretty horrible, but good score for that price!

kinda work backwards to a proper clutch type diff, more power you apply the harder they lock. these ones, more power you throw at it, the more likely it will 1 wheel. ok for street, but i wouldn't try any sideways action on one. almost more unpredictable than an open diff