Mac's 88 E-GX81-AEPQF MARK II TC24

Hachi-ichi

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done that bey, from what I can workout and see. The entire speedo assembly from Nylon gear to dash works perfectly. Which means either A: the worm gear in the box is f'd, or B: it hasn't meshed with it because it's the wrong OD gear. I know there are a few ODs for Nylon gears in W series and all have a different amount of teeth, however the one I swapped (new part) is only slightly larger than the one I pulled out.

Ok, so decent update (news wise). Bought Kurt's old W55 thats coming out of a factory 5-M/T GX81 89 Chaser. Perfect~

Figured that my worm gear for the speedo may have come out of place and will require a new part to get it to stay where its meant to be. New part = lots of waiting, and taking out the box twice. For the price Kurt offered the W55 to me for, I figured it's more efficient and simpler to buy his and sell mine. My old one will be sold with a rear position shifter (trading shifters still with kpr) so if anyone is interested in a rear shift W55 thats in decent to good condition let me know. Crunches are minimal but can feel a bit stiff when shifting sometimes. Shifter is pretty shit so i'd change that haha. Hola. 

Alarm/GPS tacking next... then sort the holes in my bootlid and boot rust.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-GSM-GPRS-GPS-Network-Auto-Vehicle-Motorcycle-Bike-Monitor-Tracker/913779520.html

At that price, you can't go wrong. I'll possibly be getting one this week, can let you know if it's any good? I love this car, best 81 in NZ by far.

So today the shift boots and shift knobs arrived, hardly worth an update but oh well it can be a filler.

hooray.

Got my factory 5 - M/T boot and Knob in immaculate condition. 

Also got 3 others purchased before as an impulse buy (they were cheap ish from what I can remember)

If anyone has a X71 and is looking for a Maroon factory M/T shift boot or a shift knob, hola at me. They are pretty haggard and to be honest shit haha, but meh, some people dgaf.

As for the GX81 parts. I bought Kurts W55 from his GX81 that he's pulling out in a couple weeks ish. So that being rear shift, I'll be able to run my cup holder spec trim with cool immaculate new parts. 

9707166236_d16e969769.jpg

1236704_646113178740826_336352037_n.jpg

1238112_646113172074160_1872090594_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

FINALLY an update worth mentioning...

Progress has been slow really, Cert hasn't happened but will once Kurt pulls his W55 from his Chaser, once thats in, I'll swap over my current front shifter for Kpr's rear shifter and get that back to him. Then get another alignment and deal to the exhaust. After all of that, it will be cert ready.... Currently I have Lace factory flippy head rest spec seat covers with embroidered "MARK II" wording on them, also I got that Pioneer CB on the way with an attached shaver ( I have no idea why) and a little something else haha

pics when they arrive.

• Like 2

So I managed to swap the W55 by myself today, started at 11, finished at 5. 

The speedo works now, it threw the CEL but it did that the first time too so i'm not worried. 

Interior is complete now too so im stoked. 

Now that this is finished, I have a W55 for sale, rear shift that crunches in reverse a tiny bit. shifts a little stiff but thats from the average condition shifter (shifter has a sawn off thread and is pretty short). Speedo doesn't go either, but im sure it could be sorted if you pulled the rear housing off and dealt to it.

$ 350 for it, comes with G bell and fork, fork boot with 1 month old Exedy release bearing. 

1378502_665883376763806_866311468_n.jpg

487596_665883393430471_992817898_n.jpg

1380431_665883413430469_293055748_n.jpg

• Like 1