Karls latest illness - BMW E34 525i

- i5oogt -

Decided to rekindle my love for decrepit old beemers

first off purchased this Black 1991 E34 of a workmate, originally bought it to do up and sell off

blkbmw1.jpg

blkbmw2.jpg

ran it around for a while, then lent it to a mate who crashed it. ahh well.

after finding myself pining for another one I spied a manual one for sale in wellington, Because I cant help myself it wasnt long before I owned it.

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

whitebmw1.jpg

whitebmw2.jpg

disgustingly dirty engine bay

IMG_3361.jpg

The interior was what sold it to me

IMG_3334.jpg

whitebmw3.jpg

The car spent the last 3 or so years in island bay so everything that has been exposed (thin paint, towbar, exhaust etc) has a nice coating of rust on it.

I think I know that car! Well, maybe. Did you buy it off a guy on bimmersport? He had one exactly the same. This is going back 5+ years ago though. If it's that car, it was friggin tidy.

Fucking sweet interior too. Best colour interior evah.

hey team, sorry been away from the pc for a few days, this newborn baby thing is hard work!

plan is to keep it white, I no plans to lower it at this stage, chch roads are still pretty bad in some areas, main thing is to get the slug M20 out and get the M50 in. there is a wee bit of fabrication involved in getting the M20 manual box onto the M50 but it can apparently be done.

sparkle, I ended up buying it off trademe, Im pretty sure it will be the same car, the seats are all good but the leather is starting to lift off the doorcards so I have started to stick it all back together. I have a sweet set of vintage pioneer speakers for the back parcel tray so will stick those in too.

got a factory 3 spoke leather steering wheel for it too :D and ordered a new gearknob off ebay.

• 5 weeks later...