ke70_wagons gx71

Mitch.W

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah the driveshaft is all done now sitting in my boot haha. i got it lengthened by 65mm with 25mm for movement of everything so it dosent eat the back of the gearbox. ill get some pics up of it in my next update. with lots of lowsssss in the next one. lower than zeb? haha we will wait and see.  

i was thinking of modding the control arms and adding a beefy rosejoint for lots of easy adjustment maybe? might need to get under and have a look. or ill grab a spare subframe and have a play around.

He's rolled $2coin height for awhile now, you haven't qualified yet.

Would that work ? Or does it need the circular articulation?

I'd say you might have to then have the LCA tested possibly?

Either way cam style bolt mount is probably easier than modding the arm.

hmmm yeah maybe but welding on to the subframe would that have to be tested being a new mounting point and whatnot?

EDIT: nah jokes just had a look at the subframe i was all confused that shit aint gonna work stupid camber laws. was going to just get a motorsport authority card to bypass the law but you need a full cage or some shit like that.  

I just need to pick my stuff I got machined up tomorrow take in to get welded tomorrow crack test that shit, find some shocks and mod up the evo4 camber plates to fit my car. Hoping for this all to be done within a week lol.

but we don't wanna wait....

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, no?

Na cos the mounts only thin vertically, if it hasn't moved much it shouldn't be too noticeable,

Plus pretty sure it needs to go in a circular movement as the arm is flat, working sort of perpendicular to the wheel face

And the mounts are quite wide to accommodate the bushes etc, it'd be hard to do a rose joint tidily I'd imagine?

I'm gonna blast and powder coat my shizz under there hopefully so it'll be low-key/percy if done.

Yeah. just repaint the whole crossmember and nobodys going to pick it up.
I would be skeptical about rose jointing it.  The camber bolt is proven. Has been around for years in BMW e30's race cars and all. 
I know there is a better page with better pic's showing a step by step guide to it. Im planing to do it soonish. I think the 3 of us should get 3 lots made up at the same time yeah?

Do some shit. Im getting over waiting on lush GX project cars haha ( my car has nothing new going on.. stupid piece of shit.)

yeah i guess so. 

i might do a trip out to that foxton wreckers and pick up a subframe out of one of the cars there if theres any left?

its my mates uncle that owns the place so yeah haha

yeah ant ill be keen as on that shouldn't be super hard to do looks pretty straight forward.

yeah pretty much! im waiting for skids vids!!/ want to do skids everywhere once this things running. ive decided to get a link aswell but yeah, found the water leak its a fucked frost plug that is in the most stupid place i spend 30mins trying to get it out/get to it and still couldn't so im spending up and towing it to a mechanics to get done there haha let them deal with the mess.

and towing it to a mechanics to get done there haha let them deal with the mess.

This was me 6months ago. All motivation was gone and had cash so said fuck it, and sent it to someone else to deal with ha.

I have my F series subframe on the lawn. Ill have a hunt around the net and see if i can find some measurements of these camber bolt things and iff not then ill try measure my subframe up. Only thing is going to find the right bolts to use. Some web pages got the locating bolts made and some use the standard bolts out of the original diff from what i can gather.

You got an lsd yet? Dude i had lined up to get one off is now keeping it so that was a fail. Its the last part i need. Apart from fab/machining work done.

yeah so annoying, its just this 1 thing that can stop me from doing alot of stuff haha. 

sweet man sounds good. in one of the pics looks like he just got a bolt and filed/machined off a flat side to slip into the hole in the circle to lock it in place. 

was that the link your talking about the guy not wanting to sell? 

theres a couple of trademe at the moment for cheap. theres a g4 on there for $1100 i might buy haha and just keep if i ever sell the car. 

lsd= locked standerd diff? hahaha thats all i have at the moment, waiting for one to pop up on trademe. from what ive herd the altezza ones are pieces of shit so ill just wait for something good to pop up. 

Hear the same about pootezza diffs. trd's are 50,000yen. thats not bad. Prob 800ish maybe more landed after shipping
Going to get that link off here. Just got to sort out a time for the old man to work his ecu magic, lazy bugger.

Also, can buy them camber brackets new from usa. Still gotta find your own bolts. So fuck that. We shall make some.
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?47164-Raptor-Racing-MK2-Suspension-Products-Catalog

yeah thats not too bad. im in no rush for a lsd really haha. i locked one will do for now until cert time comes. 

yeah they look pretty simple to make. if you get me some dimensions i can get a drawing done and ill get afew lasercut out by my mate and ill just do a limited run of them.

what so hard about the bolts to find? might beable to just buy some and chuck them on the lathe and mod them up?

Its just getting the bolt to be offset thats the hardest. You can buy them off bmw i have seen. Like this cunt. He just welded new tabs OVER the original mounts then cut out the original mounts to allow for adjustment. 

Recon we just Drill a offset hole in a fat washer and weld it to a bolt, or get some real camber bolts?

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67244777-Supra-(2JZA61)-daily-project-Its-alive-its-ALIVE!/page3