ke70_wagons gx71

Mitch.W

its probably cheaper/less hassle to get them off bmw if we can and there not like $3000 per bolt lol. its looking like a real easy thing to do now easily a day mish and it will all be done. maybe even just afew hours haha. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitty im all the way down here in freezing cold city, Otherwise we could do a mish in 1 day and get both cars doneeeeee. 
Im going to cut out the subfram for exhaust too. You should also. It will be key to saving on new exhaust sections.
Ill google more and see what i can find and continue this in pm's. 

Would be very easy and cheap to make one of the offset bolt and washer set ups.

I can't see why it cost that austailian $200 to do it. More like $20.

Rose joint wouldn't work as you are trying to move it vertically.

Pretty sure foxton wrecker still has sub frames.

Would not be fun trying to get them out tho.

Pitty im all the way down here in freezing cold city, Otherwise we could do a mish in 1 day and get both cars doneeeeee. 

Im going to cut out the subfram for exhaust too. You should also. It will be key to saving on new exhaust sections.

Ill google more and see what i can find and continue this in pm's. 

hahaha yeah that does suck eh! im sure someone else down there will want to do it aswell? yeah i was thinking that while the subframes out miles well do the subframe mod eh.

sweet man sounds good!! i may actually be able to get a cert for my car without lifting it up to standerd height!!!

might be easier to keep it in a discussion thread? get more peoples ideas about it? since theres people keen for some

Would be very easy and cheap to make one of the offset bolt and washer set ups. 

I can't see why it cost that austailian $200 to do it. More like $20. 

Rose joint wouldn't work as you are trying to move it vertically. 

Pretty sure foxton wrecker still has sub frames. 

Would not be fun trying to get them out tho.

well if we make it just sell for $200 hahahaha nahhhh. i recon the hi tensile bolts will be the biggest killer they might be abit. i was just thinking about the bolts cert wise the bmw ones look like a standerd item haha. i might ring up marty(the cert guy) and have a talk to him about cutting it and and see he thinks about cutting it up.

yeah thats what i was hoping.... thats what a saber saw is for isn't it?? 

And sweet. You finally got the driveshaft done! Who did you use and how much?

um i went to Lincon automatics it was like $172 to get the old peice machined out and a new piece of steel welded in  place and all balanced up.

haha yeah its not bad eh! keen to do a mish to foxton and pick up a subframe? do you remember the name of the workshop? i dont have his number haha might ring him up and se if he has one and get a price. 

i feel like im actually doing work on my car now lol

I cant get to my subframe till tuesday to measure up, sorry fellahs.
fuck. Now everyone wants some ha, this is a good thing though.

Me.
Tarran.
Mitch.
Mr Fels.. 
Probs master zeb too..

IMG_0650_s.jpg

here is some measurements, BUT, they will all be depend on the kind/size of bolt and washer we use, so we need to sort them out first. kapesh?