low height air filters for 28/36dcd

dave123456789

Hey any idea where I can find a air filter this is about 50mm max height? Less would be ideal as thats all I have till it hits the bonnet. I found out ramflows are 60mm so I dont think that would work and not keen on putting a dent in my bonnet.

Although if anyone is near st lukes with a ramflow kicking around I would be keen to double check clearance. I tested by taping a ruler to the side of the carb and slowly lowering it till closing the bonnet didnt shift it.

thats the one i think...mine maybe a tad higher...

im not a fan of the induction noise at idle though...has less filter area than a stock filter...

wonder if they flow higher though

Its for a hillman super minx so not exactly a performance motor. original air clean was fed air through a old 50c piece size opening so should be good.

What do you mean by the idle noise? I am currently running no filter and it almost sounds like its turbo charged when im leaving the lights.

Edit: Also where did you get yours? I just rang repco with the K&N part number to get a price but they couldn't find it.

Repco won't be able to get a price until Monday. Tell 'em to call Pioneer and get a price then make them procure that shit! haha. Probably gonna be ridiculously expensive though. Buy price is high as for K&N plus the mark up doesn't help. May be cheaper to get one in from overseas.