Flibois moped cafe racer

BlownCorona

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

earthed out the condensor, made it run epicly better. reved out far longer

today i went to set the timing cause it was all kinds of fucked up and hard as hell to start, now starts first kick, but wont rev out like it did when i earthed the condensor.

the rear sprokets teeth have been worn into ramps by the incorect pitch and fucked chain, so thats causing the chain to slip under high load, will need to replace with correct items, but other wise its going okayish,

yeah i expect timing isnt your issue, it was only an issue with mine cause i dicked around with it heaps before actually understanding how bike timing works.

happy to try get it running better, most likely its a leak of some sort somewhere, or a blockage somewhere, not much else on a 2 stroke to go wrong to be honest.

will need to sus out a time next week perhaps, might even venture the cub out on a proper ride with its slipping chain and give the engine a harder run haha.

also after some research on www.jtsprockets.com it appears the c90 is a 428 pitch chain, and i can get stuff of trademe to suit for bugger all.

watch out with that chain, when they break they fly right though the engine cases and make a bloody big oily mess.

have you taken your chain and sprockets into trevor pierce yet? the parts guy is supper helpfull and would probably send off what you have to be matched up into a working set, failing that you could get him to order a blank sprocket in the correct pitch and have it drilled to suit