a good cheap place to widen steel wheels

Yeah you can I've got 2 spare Commy 5 speeds but condition unknown.

note - they are designed to go behind the 179 6 cylinder and starfire 4 cylinder and arn't rated for the extra torque of a 202..

That said - I run mine behind a 202..

Rod I can most probably sell you an entire 202 and 3 x 5 speeds (1 known good - 2 unknown cond) when I convert to 1UZ..

Richy - they are the same I think. I would say its more likely your old mans would have been a 179 - they never came behind 202's AFAIK

You gotta host/upload your photos somewhere.

So start an account on photobucket, or flickr or maybe imageshack then upload your photos to it. Then it's a simple case of getting the photo link, and typing this code

[img=your picture url/link here]

Was a factory car, he bought it ex Telecom (he worked there) when it was 4 years old. Research says VK's had an optional 5 speed, Borg Warner M76 apparently.

yeah that will most probaly have been a swap before he had it if not it sounds quite rare yup id be keen on the 202 and boxes defiently but would have trouble getting em to auckland i started a build thread but i dont know how to post pictures

Getting them to Auckland would not be a problem - enough guys going to and from with trailers/utes etc and I wouldn't be selling them in the very near future anyway..

Beave got my back - Howats be the ones - just don't expect them to be done in a rush as he seems to react badly to people pressuring him.

I asked if he could have them done in 3 weeks and he got them done on time and did a really good job...

His attitude does get mentioned a lot but I truly believe he just gets exasperated by people coming in and badgering about getting work done faster or people asking the same questions repeatedly.

Admittedly - this is part of him owning a business so he should really deal with that kind of shit better. But I found if I don't go in asking dumb questions or telling him how to do his job and not having a hurried expectation of when it will be done then he is pretty sweet to deal with.

Not too many other options in Wellington anyhow..

Yeah at the end of the day its getting the work done right and not for some rediculous price. I should havea a go at it myself considering I work for an engineers as in engineer but honestly at $70 a pop I really cant be bothered.