Good place to get a wof which isn't to hard on old cars akl

Depends on what you mean. VTNZ have different laws for vehicle ages. They make allowances for my Morris Minor as they know the brakes sucked from the factory. They never give me grief about the seat belts in my Mazda (or lack of rear ones) as that's how they came from the factory. Same goes with the Holdem. So if your car is old but still road worthy any WOF place will be fine.

However if your car is old and rusty lowered on chopped springs than VTNZ isn't really the place to go.

So, what do you mean by going easy on your car? What concerns do you have? I know a couple of places on the Shore for WOFs.

I've had pretty bad experiences with my local VTNZ. I'm not saying all are like this, but the inspectors I had had poor english, couldn't correctly name half the parts, and tried to make me get a cert installing 3 point seatbelts (which were a factory option).

I'm not looking for some place super-dodgy, but I need someone who can clearly explain what is wrong, and not be anal retentive about getting the headlight spacing down to the exact mm.

If you want a good WOF from a Good bunch of Blokes, Saunders Automotive on the North Shore (Gfield) will set you right and will clearly explain what your car would need (if anything). They are Mechanics and oldschool car fans (they have built a few Hot Rods) and Karl (foreman) used to work at Giltrap Holden and has an excellent reputation in the Holden community (his brother builds custom Harleys).

Took my Mazda in there when I first got it for a miliion point check over and they picked up on a few things I had missed. Good blokes and all speak English as a first language.

However, they are also sticklers for the rules, so wouldn't pass your car on anything dodgy, but would explain why it failed and how you could fix it.

But after all, who they hell would want a dodgy Wof anyway? It's your safety and they safety of other road users as well!

If you want a dodgy WOF try First Motors. They are famous on the shore for not caring and pretty much passing anything. They do not speak English though and my Chinesse isn't very good.

PM me, as long as you have lights, brakes, and tyres.

Also I am Looking for a LEGIT place for my GrandFather. Needs to be reasonably tight. Would Like to go to a Old Mechanics who Knows Maintenance so could give me free advice. Please recommend me one.

Just not tight as lvtnz. fucking rip off like seat belt slight wear and tear, slight leaking oil or some shit.

PM me, as long as you have lights, brakes, and tyres.

Also I am Looking for a LEGIT place for my GrandFather. Needs to be reasonably tight. Would Like to go to a Old Mechanics who Knows Maintenance so could give me free advice. Please recommend me one.

Just not tight as lvtnz. fucking rip off like seat belt slight wear and tear, slight leaking oil or some shit.

BJ Automotive

Yeah, this kind of thread is not really good. Promoting garages as "easy" WOF places is not good for their public image. If you've named a place, go back and remove it thanks.