Tuning the 5 litre Holden injected

EFI_LC

Ok I was told there is a crack and a program available online somewhere which can allow me to remap the Holden ECU?

Can anyone help or give me some advice as I am aiming for a mild 400 gee gees but am told the heads I am planning on using are capable of an easy 500.

Not sure about that particular engine but, try this site as some Holden ECUs are Delco

http://www.delcohacking.net/forums/

Cheers, I do have a Delco but not sure how to go about using the information, it must be time I got up with the times I think.

I am aiming for over 400hp but would settle for anything above 350, maybe I need to talk to some tuning people as the heads will be capable of this but it will be a work-in-progress daily driver. It currently has around 250hp/190kW

I want to use it as a club car/DYO drags/daily driver until the chevette is ready.

Thanks Testament, I have sent Kalmaker an email to see what they can offer.

I like the way Kalmaker can make use of the Power/Economy button but I may have to rename it Power/Goodbye Tires if I got my way.

I really need to learn how to use something like this so next I will need someone to help an old fella.

I had a chat to Harman but they cant actually reprogram my car, they Dyno and then send the ecu to Auckland to get reprogrammed.

Maybe time to talk to NZEFI or one of the others around town.

delco hacking would be the way to go, but you need to read & learn lots tho! that forum has it all if you have a spare 100hours

then you can fit one of there real-time chip's and usb board in your factory computer, then plug usb straight into laptop for real time tuning as you drive/load it, also lets you log the wideband for quick and easy tuning, i did a twin-turbo 350chev with corvette efi manifold a while back... (stupid customer since had a kid and gave up on it tho)

however the computer still has all it factory functions so you have about 3 pages of stuff you can tweak to get it all working smoothly so is abit of a mind-fuck at first

• 9 months later...

delco hacking would be the way to go, but you need to read & learn lots tho! that forum has it all if you have a spare 100hours

then you can fit one of there real-time chip's and usb board in your factory computer, then plug usb straight into laptop for real time tuning as you drive/load it, also lets you log the wideband for quick and easy tuning, i did a twin-turbo 350chev with corvette efi manifold a while back... (stupid customer since had a kid and gave up on it tho)

however the computer still has all it factory functions so you have about 3 pages of stuff you can tweak to get it all working smoothly so is abit of a mind-fuck at first

This is what I have got for my 304 and I have someone keen to put it on his Dyno to give it a go. It may take some time but I am confident he will sort something out for me.