Holden 3.8 ignition relay.

Yammies

Do you have the rest of the wiring diagrams?

It might be that it is used for other ignition-switched power feeds. I went and looked at my crazy conversion using an early VN, and I didn't see an Ignition relay up by the original battery location. There are some unlabelled ones near the ignition switch though.

That is essentially all I have, though I do have another couple of different versions of the same harness, though they don't appear to have an ignition relay in the circuit.

I figured I don't really need it, but just wanted to make sure.

Most of the aussie conversions use an adapter harness, and pretty much all of them use an ignition relay. there should be bugger all current through the ignition switch but I guess it can't hurt to unload it a bit with a relay controlling all of the switched ignition functions.

I haven't actually go the the wiring stage yet in my conversion, but wanted to make sure i have everything sorted before I begin.

Going into a chevette. Do you know what the ignition relay actually switches? i figured it would only be naff stuff in the commodore and I probably won't need it to get the motor running. from the looks of things the EFI relay and the fuel pump relay are the only real important ones, with the start relauy and fan relay also being used.