Cologne V6 Questions

Iridium Lid

They also came out in mk3 capris. They are a developed Essex V6 as used in early Capris and Mk4 Zephyr/Zodiac. revvy little motor, but lack torque and have a tendency for soft valve springs. Pretty sure they aren't a bolt in fit. Myself I would go a 3.8 commodore V6 in its place.....

Also cologne V6s aren't exactly easy to get....

according to that great (but sometomes inaccurate) infomation source in the sky (wikipedia), the cologne V6 range includes the BOA/BOB amd they have the most horsepower standard. However, finding them here would be a mission. However, something you would find here is the 4 litre variant of the cologne with fuel injection etc, found in the Ford explorer and some older import couriers/Mazda B series utes (badged as B4000 in the states). I am not sure if the modern utes use the same engine or a more modern duratec.

I have a couple of options.

How about a Ford Vulcan engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Vulcan_engine

Ford_Vulcan_engine.PNG

Or a Ford Mondeo engine

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT09InwyS7eNcAOWk0tKMcFG7E76FbJnLM05xNxgDaQNnxQ5-TfpJfAB3iv

Just so happends i have one of each in my shed.

My Vulcan engine has a normal distributor instead of seperate coils and a manufacturures date of 1994.

I dont know much about the ford engines except the vulcan engine is super compact and produces 140hp

yeh they came out in mk4/5 cortinas with the 4.1. I think the firewall was different and yeh they are pretty long.

Mk3's too, but they were called TC, TD, TE and TF Cortinas.

Different firewall, bonnet, suspension, diff, tunnel, beefed up chassis etc.

They handled pretty badly!