Bens XP Coooner

f100_dreamin

Cool wagon man - just missed out on Wagnats weekend before last..

Did you buy it off a plumber and aussie chick in Wellington about 3-6 months back?

I work with the aussie chick and I remember she showed me some photos of a white XP wag for sale about 6 months ago..

im not sure if he was a plumber but i bought it from a guy in wellington, he wanted to focus on his 48 Chevy truck, I picked it up mid november, very happy with it, the only other 6 cylinder XL/M/P wagons on trade me were and are nearly double the price i paid for this,

also came with some spare side trims but they are from an XM wagon, so am gonna see what condition they are in, and if they are complete and onsell them probably

Sweet wagon man.

White looks good on anything.

You'll have to get involved with the OS wagoneers and there wagoon lyfe ways :D

and will still have enough change from 300 notes to buy a couple of boxes of booze to drink while i do the work.

probably the best you could hope for! 8)

i put 2" blocks in the rear played around removing certain leaves to get the ride height i wanted, but would recommend gewtting a blacksmith to reset your leaf pack. once i got some weight in the rear it would foul driveshaft in the tunnel. common problem among these coons and mk3 zephyrs etc.

front was on compressed factory coils. i made the mistake of asking them to be compressed 2", forgetting the spring mount is half way along the upper suspension arm. so it slammed straight down to a half inch off the bumps haha. the spring rate doesnt change when you get them compressed so it was soft ride + 1/2" travel = bumpstops hitting continuously. would recommend an aftermarket spring, or even choppies!

put spacers under your front shock mount towers so the shocks dont bottom out at slam time.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet so gave the wagon some looooving. Got a clean sheet wof, a years rego and then gave her some slam! 55mm drop King springs in the front, 2.5" blocks in the rear, rides mint no knocks bangs or clunks, couldn't be happier with it, just needs a wheel alignment, sort my sounds then it's off to beach hop we go!