Bens XP Coooner

f100_dreamin

• 4 months later...

Nice wagon bro, glad you decided to keep it. I'm building a xp and doing a few things if you wanted some ideas for brake and suspension upgrades, check out my build thread, I put xf hubs, discs and calipers on mine, also did the Shelby drop to the front end for better handling. Just about to put the reset lowered rear leaves back in for some all round slamage. Nice.

yeah ive been watching your build on AFF, looks like a bloody cool ride!!!

im definatly keen to make some shelby drop templates, am planning on running XF hubs and brakes, and will jsut get the rear diff redrilled to match, then a booster and master cyclinder from a toyota previa (apparently this should fit without having to cut the strut brace/inner gaurds etc)

Ah cool, sounds like your onto it then! Previa brake set up sounds interesting, will be keen to see how you get on with that. I've seen people use Suzuki swift master/boosters but bore is too small for falcon brakes. I did not want to cut my strut but meh, it's only a minimal amount and I might make a small piece that bolts on or something. Anyway, Shelby drop templates are easy, I just used thick cardboard for mine. You will have to tap the inner panel where it curves on the rear, so the upper control arm has some clearance after its relocated, pretty straight forward though if you know what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...

Well today for the first time in over a year of ownership, I had a brake down,

nothing major but, stopped in mission bay (after queing forever to get in) everything was mint, then when we went to leave i started the car and the GEN light remained on, So i drove it home to Tuakau so i could have a look and typically the only tool i didnt bring home from work is my multimeter,

so will have to do a bit of investigating as to wether its the generator or the regulator?

and then i really need to decide if stick with the generator of if i convert to an alternator??

• 2 weeks later...