My Datsun 720 4WD.

WhangareiKE70

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep canopy and make a quick release attachment system so you can use it if required. you'll love you for it at some point.

also giz z22 and gearbox if you do engine swap. these have seperate transfer case i believe?

also slam a td27 in it with tweaked fuel and boost ftw.

Yeah seperate transfer case. From what I can see on the internets they are apparently extremely strong (the transfer cases) and are sought after by 4WDers.

They don't have a seperate bellhousing on the gearbox sadly. How would I do an engine swap, is it possible to make some sort of adapter plate or something?

I do want to raise it, however I don't really understand the concept of raising. I understand lowering well enough now, but raising is something I haven't quite got my head around. How does it work/how do you do it?

Big wheels and tires are on the to do list, however the tires on there already are already pushing it in terms of legality, i.e. they sit outside the guard line just a tiny but. So some 4wd flares may be the answer.

you'll get away with more in the way of pokey out tyres just coz you're a 4wd/not a modified car. so sweet.

raising, you may be able to tweak your torsions at the front, then add longer shackles at the rear or reset the leaves to be a little higher.

tbh a lot of raised 4x4s you see are just running larger tyres, coupled with spacers to rasie the body off the chassis a bit to give these tyres room in the guards.

mint

sprak get a d21 4x4

im guessing from your name that you live in whangarei?? let me know if you need a hand, i have helped with a few lifts (fitting parts)

Yeah I'm in Whangarei, live out Maungatapere but do most of the work on this in at work (Kevin Gray Panelbeaters).

I'm just tidying it up at the moment, trying not to get too carried away because I have three cars and this is MEANT to be the reliable one that I can use while doing up the other 2.

you'll get away with more in the way of pokey out tyres just coz you're a 4wd/not a modified car. so sweet.

And if the Police give me trouble I can just run over their squad cars? Haha :lol:

coupled with spacers to rasie the body off the chassis

That sounds dodgy, unless they are welded in place spacers? Or am I missing something?

Anywho, at the moment I kind of want to leave tyres /wheels at the moment, considering I just spent 1100 bucks on wheels, and soon to be a fair bit more on tyres for my red KE70.

There is a 4x4 place in Whangarei that I may go to, just to browse the shelves.

I just want to find some shiny running boards and a bullbar, and adapt them to fit at the moment.

As well as I'm giving it a panel at the moment, lots of primer spots at the moment.

My life is so full of cars...

IT'S AMAZING. :D

coupled with spacers to rasie the body off the chassis

That sounds dodgy, unless they are welded in place spacers? Or am I missing something?

They are just spacers that go between the chassis and the body, so when the body is put back on it's a little bit higher giving you more clearence for tires etc. nothing dodge about it, would have been done to millions of 4wd's

Here's one with 3" body lift and 35" tires

nissan010892.jpg

work (Kevin Gray Panelbeaters).

i will help in return for help on my mitsi lol(needs panel work)

Haha, get in line. =P I have three cars of my own, and then a grooooooooooowing line of people who need some mates rates panel work. But yeah, could be keen, once I catch up on my own panel work.