Flywheel bolt question

R100

Ok removed my flexplate to fit a flywheel.

Question, how far into the crank should the bolt go to be safe? The flexplate bolts are 10mm and if i use the flywheel they will go into the crank 10mm.

With the flexplate they will go into the crank 13mm.

Is 10mm sufficient or shall i buy some longer bolts.

Should i use high tensile steel bolts ?

if all above fails (very unlikely) head down to your local fastening supplies shop with thread pitch and length measurements and ask them for a grade 8 or higher hi tensile bolt to suit, in some cases you may need to run a washer so take that into account when measuring lengths, but go this road if all above fails, im sure arp will do something for you

Just spoke with Toyota. Bolts are $28+gst each retail. My price is $23+gst each and they have plenty in stock (i wonder why)

I realise i need the correct bolts so expect they wont be cheap. But at over $200 my cost for genuine toyota bolts i will try ARP first.

if all above fails (very unlikely) head down to your local fastening supplies shop with thread pitch and length measurements and ask them for a grade 8 or higher hi tensile bolt to suit, in some cases you may need to run a washer so take that into account when measuring lengths, but go this road if all above fails, im sure arp will do something for you

Most flywheels bolts have a very low profile head or the clutch plate springs will hit on them.. Most bolt suppliers won't stock them like that.