sigma 4g63

karlb

I seem to remember something being up with the clutch splines when I did mine, I think I fitted a 63 clutch but it had a different number of splines to the 1600 gearbox, symptom was no drive hah. Had the motor in and out about 4 times before I realised what was wrong.

Whats your 63 out of? If its a wideblock model, then, no, it wont bolt to your lancer 5 speed. If its a narrowblock, then yes, your all good. Narrowblocks are way more common, so you'll probably be okay.

And DJ, lol clutch lol.

the only wideblock carb 4G63 is the one out of late 80s/early 90s 4x4 L200s or L300s, and they should be mid-sump rather than front-sump which would be a quick way to tell them apart. Those engines aren't as common as the typical FWD/RWD Sigma or 2WD L200/L300 etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I seem to remember something being up with the clutch splines when I did mine, I think I fitted a 63 clutch but it had a different number of splines to the 1600 gearbox, symptom was no drive hah. Had the motor in and out about 4 times before I realised what was wrong.

hey man do you know what clutch system you used in yours?