reeseyboy Victor 3.3

EFI_LC

Well done mate, I love these, they called them a Vauxhall Ventora and most were well specd. I had a rare wagon some years ago.

Careful on the gearbox, they feel great but don't smash em through the gears or you will be sorry. I raced a streetstock Cresta 4-speed years ago with some success and helped my bro build his Victor streetstock.

These cars were very quick

Hell yes. As Graham has said, the gearboxes are a weak point if abused (which they often were). I spent about half an hour talking to a customer last week about a 3.3 Victor he once owned. He'd been through a few gearboxes too.

But it sounds like yours probably hasn't endured such punishment judging by the milage.

Looking foward to pictures.

There was a Ventora as well as the 3.3 Victor.

I always thought the Victor was a single carb where as the twin carb was the Ventora.

Yes I want some pics too. The engines are truck tuff with large bearings and can handle a real thrashing, 80k is hardly anything if its had regular oil changes.

• 3 months later...

Sorry I have not replied...can't work this site out... how to load pics etc...only just found this thread.

BUT

Drove the 3.3 today ffor the fist time...very tight !

rebuilt the brakes.... amazingly Apex in Hamilton had everything I needed or built it.

Putting it over the pit Monday at Nostalgia Motors for compliance and new rego

This one came with extractors and twin carbs

If you still want pics sing out