Mikewazowski's datto 180B

MrMcdoll

Cheers dude, I saw it one week when I was back visiting my parents and decided that I had to have it. Bought it and have never looked back. Fell in love with them so much that I have a wagon version now as well :lol:

I still see the guy that sold it to me occasionally and he always says he is glad he sold it to me. That feels good to hear :D

I could be interested in a sweet HKS manifold. PM me with how much you are after for it.

It looks like you need longer lower arms with that front suspension setup change you've done, it could be a bit of an optical illusion but it looks as though you've got some slight posi camber up front.

Bang on. Apparently when they designed the 610 they used the 510 lower arms but moved the upper mounting points for the struts further apart (I guess to get more engine bay room?) which gave them inherent positive camber. Some of the 610s came with factory-fitted offset strut tops to counteract this. Like many others, mine didn't.

I've got some rose-jointed adjustable lower control arms here to put in it, which I'm hoping will allow me to dial in a degree of negative camber. First I need to get my wagon back on the road so I can drive that while I work on my sedan. :D

Oh! ...and sweet car! ;)

Race?

You want to race me? Or are you asking if I race? :?:lol:

/NZ European :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Fuck I actually laughed out loud at "/NZ European" though what I was meaning was will you accept a race of your 610 against my C110. Though I do have to actually get mine legit again aaaaaand we would need a race-track to compete on, because I'm weird like that.

Oh! ...and sweet car! ;)

Race?

You want to race me? Or are you asking if I race? :?:lol:

/NZ European :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Fuck I actually laughed out loud at "/NZ European" though what I was meaning was will you accept a race of your 610 against my C110. Though I do have to actually get mine legit again aaaaaand we would need a race-track to compete on, because I'm weird like that.

:D:D I accept your race, although I have little (read: no) racing experience so I will probably lose. And yeah, racing on the track as opposed to the road is definitely the go. I can't wait to see your C110 on the road. I have followed the progress with interest. 8)

Looks mean, jealous of your sweet paint

Cheers. The first paint job was done outside, while the second one (last three pictures of the entire car) was done in a booth by some professionals. To be honest, the quality was about the same, and I wouldn't have resprayed it if I wasn't getting the rust cut out.

J5 - I live/work in Kawerau/Edgecumbe of all places. :lol:

E - Box of piss sounds like the a sweet deal to me. I'll hit you up when I'm coming over to Hamilton next (will be within the next few weeks).

mml - It goes pretty good. It's not as fast as a modern turbo-charged car like an evo/skyline or anything but it hums along pretty nicely. Given a few Commodores/etc a bit of a scare :wink: It also has an insanely loud spool for such a small turbo which makes me laugh.