Toot Toot Timmy's EN-ZED-GEE-TEE

feathersword

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let’s see. Brought it for the missus off one of her work mates. After a few weeks decided it was quite a choice drive, better than any other car I have driven and very very fast.. started tinkering with a few things and before we knew it we had to find the missus a new car as the Renault had become a bit too hard core as a daily. I use it for Targa but still drive it regularly on the road, have entered a few Clubsport events for a laugh, it drives a lot better than I do.

• 3 weeks later...
Cheers, performance is honest to put it kindly, I have a race car for my fast fix so I just plan on keeping it all OEM and using it as an around town car. If a GT wheel pops up I will grab it but they are like you say bus like (due to no power steering I assume) and not the best to drive with.

XSSPEED. If it’s a NZGT 5-Door it should have the poo brown interior, different from the grey/red interior on the 3-door.

114403324_full.jpg

114403313_full.jpg

114403304_full.jpg

114403277_full.jpg

3-Door, my old car.

Copyofmynewcar2-1.jpg

If only this gold liftback was still in this condition the guy lives around the corner from me and doesnt really look after it.I want it but he wants a bit for it and cant say i want it enough to pay wat he wants.

Cheers, hope all that dynamat works, has given the doors a nice noise when you slam them.

"installing an alarm cause your in akl" makes me feel like i should get some better locks on my toyota

Way I see it is newer cars are are hard to pinch so something older like this would get targeted. Plus its only got 3rd party.

How much does he want for it? I sold my last mint one for over 6k so people do pay good money for them.

From memory he wanted 5k which is probly not to bad considering its done 160kms but he just hasn't looked after it at all in saying that it would probly clean up close to what it was like in the photos above when it was on trade me a few years ago.I was thinking more the 4k mark but will keep hassling him cos its needs a new owner befor its not worth saving.

Cheers for the encouragement Feathersword, wondering if I should lower it or not, it would look better but they ride like crap when lowered and it actually handels quite nice as it is, plus I can load it up with deliveries for work and it wont bottom out. Decisions decisions.

Graham do you have anymore photos of that gold liftback ?
Graham do you have anymore photos of that gold liftback ?

Hi RHM, this is what I have mate, looks like a mint car, I remember a friends dad had one new when I as a kid, he used to drive it like he was Bruce McLaren.

I would pay 5k for this car if it was a 3-Door in that condition, you would not lose money on it if you looked after it and kept it OEM.

114403237_full.jpg

114403250_full.jpg

114403277_full-1.jpg

114403224_full.jpg

114403266_full.jpg

114403324_full-1.jpg

114403304_full-1.jpg

114403201_full.jpg

114403313_full-1.jpg

GTliftback-1.jpg

He has two on order including mine and he would like to do as many as possible in one go if he can.

Amon sticker would have been retro fitted, all AE82's were re tuned for NZ made cars with help from Chris Amon so you could have a sticker on a 1.3XL and it would be a Chris Amon tuned car.

John Davidson knows what the fuck is up.