D1RTY6's 1973 Mazda B1600 Wellside

D1RTY6

my imediate plan is to tidy it up (panel wise) so will begin sanding it and panel beating it this weekend. its at the auto sparkies at the moment getting the headlights looked at. it keeps blowing fuses

what the finish product will look like at this stage im looking at A nice dark red paint slamed on white walls

tbh, i love it as is, looks fat... you should have some sill panels folded up and stitch them to the tray to keep the lines flowing.... i love b16z, hearty

yea i have already looked into this there is a bagged b1600 that has done it and it makesthe lines of the Ute look some much better.

although it doesn't look like it in the pics it does have a few dents.me being the picky person i am i want to have it as straight as i can.

Are you from hams or did you buy this from here?

hey no, im from Christchurch,was on trade me

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
how much did you pick it up for? i recently just purchased a 75 model. are you able to take some pictures of the tailgate for me? as my one has been replaced with a metal plate, looks really ugly and want to put it back to original.

i actually have a spare tail gate its pretty well f#cked (dents etc) but the base for it is there

$30 and you can have it

i would say any decent panel beater could whip up a set of those sills for the tray... although i was at pickapart in takanini a couple of weeks ago and there was a yellowish b1600 sitting there, had the flatter grill/bumper/ nose thing going on (later model) dont know. anyway i duno what the sills were like or if they are the same as yours but might be worth trying to get someone to mish it to pickapart with a hacksaw and try and get them for you, and the you just modify em to fit????...

/probably no help to you

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a sweet project!

Exactly the sort of thing I'd like to get my hands on when we move to NZ - how difficult are they to find?

Colour wise, I'd go white!

Please dont go down the road of matt black/nato/red oxide ... they're overdone to death!

Look forward to seeing this when she's wearing her new colour!

I wouldnt say that they are hard to find

Maybe this Model more than say the 79 and 82 shape

and wellside definatly harder than flat deck

Yea i have gone against the Oxide look and am going to go with a Dark gloss red