weber 32/36 not idling

BlownCorona

ok so just went and had another look at the idle jets, i have a 45 primary and 50 secondary. this should be pretty perfect and definitely not present the issues i have.

so full run down on whats going on since ive been all over the place.

i cannot get the carb to idle at any speed, i expect if i went to something crazy like 3k it would but thats just stupid.

in order to keep the engine running i need to PUMP the gas pedal.

when driving it feels jerky when on the primary and when i open the secondarys up i get a spluttering sound that reminds me of a modern drift cars rev limiter or something along those lines.

when i wind out the primary idle jets holder bolt i can get a pretty smooth idle and really nice performance from the carb, just i get run on/dieseling and i noticed that the engine can actually start to spin backwards. besides, those bolts are supposed to be wound right in.

might also put this in place of the first post.

im trying to give it a full tune up, the factory specs say i need NGKbp6es and it has NGKbpr5es, i have read that incorrect spark plugs can cause it, are these plugs different enough to be an issue, and the car never did this with its normal carb,

i need to get ahold of a timing light, but should the timing be the same as factory, even when i change the carb? cause i set the timing a few months ago, and again it never did this a day ago when i had the factory carb.

i read your version of this thread to do with the hunter,

however i may have just fixed it, turns out one of the tuning bolts wasnt actually a tuning bolt, its one that holds in an idle jet, winding it out let it idle well, but caused run on, so i would this in properly and its all good, but now i can get it to idle.

so either i need to look more on tuning the weber or im missing something, since the idle adjuster dosnt let it idle even if its would right it which as i have read is bad anyway.

thread title edit aswell

the idle adjuster i talk about is the screw that actually moves the throttle lever. and a set of proper plugs are on the shopping list.

ive set the enrichment screw to backed out 2 turns as the base setting should be, but it wont idle. is there some sort or adjuster screw that im missing? also does not idling affect a wof? im due for one tomorrow :(

Have had issues with silicon breaking down very quickly and causing stalling at lower revs. Just thought I would throw it out there incase.

Wind mixture screw out further and see if it idles.. generally 2 screws out is about right however. No idle wont effect WOF but will piss them off, wind the idle up for WOF so it will idle.

Gaz

i dont think im gonna go for a wof till i get this sorted, it coughs and splutters when it opens the secondarys and even if i hold the gas pedal down it wont idle, it needs to be pumped.

this is quite confusing since when i had the the other jet on the side screwed out a bit as if it was a tuning screw the carb performed amazingly, good power and smooth idle, it would just diesel when i tried to stop, and as i noticed, spin the engine backwards sometimes.

If yours is a DGAV, pop the short vacuum hose off the enrichment diaphragm on the back of the carb. I reckon it will be full of fuel. The enrichment valve diaphragm leaks and causes raw fuel to get sucked past it at idle vacuum. 2 of my 3 Webers had this fault and caused shitty insanely rich idle and a splutter on the primary circuit.

It got progressively worse until the car barely started. Used to run on heaps too

i have the two from my parts weber that i can try, the 45 - 50 was posted on my 18r weber specs now that you mention it.

would the wrong idle jet cause this?, i do also need to fine tune my timing, so ill grab my grandads timing light at some point.