Removing stubborn underseal... Ideas?

ProZac

My Mini is caked in it, seriously caked. Its great, because it means it's not rusty, however, I need to remove it.

Sent the rear subframe I thought was okay away for blasting, and its come back with lots of holes in it. Not really a part I want to take a chance with, so I'm going to have to clean up the one thats actually come out of the car, thus the removal of all the underseal...

Does anyone have an bright ideas to make the job a bit easier?

Current plan is to chisel/scrape what I can off, then douse it in petrol and set fire to it.

Soak with diesel or Kero for several days then blast it off with a steam cleaner. Easiest way I've found, at least you won't have to roll the car on it's head to get at it! Oh and it's not very environmentally friendly so choose the place you're going to steam clean it carefully. :D

I use the local Hirepool, they have a cleaning bay and a steam cleaner and quite reasoable. A lot cheaper than taking it of their site for a day hire which is horrendous.

depends how solid it is. Can freeze it with dry ice from BOC and chip off, try chisel it off as is, or Last time I filled my spray gun with thinners and sprayed over it till it softened then I scraped it off with a paint scraper and sprayed down the left overs till they came off. Used few litres of GP thinners but did the whole underside of the car

depends how solid it is. Can freeze it with dry ice from BOC and chip off, try chisel it off as is, or Last time I filled my spray gun with thinners and sprayed over it till it softened then I scraped it off with a paint scraper and sprayed down the left overs till they came off. Used few litres of GP thinners but did the whole underside of the car

yeah dry ice is the Key to getting it off