Cleaning Rear plastic screen on a convertible

Sorensin

Hey guys, hoping someone may have done this before and have a solution. i'm up in Auckland visiting friends and family and I'm helping my mum sort out her car. The rear plastic screen has clouded/fogged up and isnt cleaning easily. Tried all the basic cleaners and meths and every other chemical i could find round the house. none have worked very well, I was wondering about trying cutters but I'm worried that might fog it up more?

Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks Guys

I've never had much success cleaning those plastic windows - if a customer wants a good result the only proper option is replacement.. From memory its about $250 -$300 to get a window replaced providing the soft-top is not an absolute mission to remove..

I've never had much success cleaning those plastic windows - if a customer wants a good result the only proper option is replacement.. From memory its about $250 -$300 to get a window replaced providing the soft-top is not an absolute mission to remove..

FML

I'm helping her fix it up and tidy it up to sell it the cars not worth diddly all

FML

I'm helping her fix it up and tidy it up to sell it the cars not worth diddly all

Well it can't really hurt to try some of these cutting compound type products that have been suggested like autosol/polish/fine cut compound but do not use solvent based cleaners - they will fuck the window more..

Meguiars Plastx FTW

Tried a few products (as I really needed it cleaned)

This one seemed to do the best job! screen is now much, much better, took a lot of polishing and isn't perfect but car can now be safely driven!

would recommend to any stuck in similar situations