fuel economy tech

bubblegoose

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking to dad he says that it really needs to be metered in properly and you only really see any gains from a turbo car.

Mercedes did it by turning it into steam so it actually reaches the cylinders properly.

Dad did it by squirting it at the center of the turbo.

I still think that it would work at increasing the compression ratio in a NA car and keep things clean and cool.

Dad also said that he would go through 3l in about 5 mins on the dyno. So then you may have to carry round 20L of water every where you go.

I just need to do more kays to test things.

This was in our diesel hiace....

040120113244.jpg

I pulled it out as I want in in my Viva for old school periodness..

Anyway- it wouldn't work in a diesel would it as a diesel engine has no throttle plate/butterfly thingee- its speed is dictated by how much diesel is injected? Im I right?

And my turbo bolted on to the standard (9.5) compression 12A running at low boost- will this help economy? I understand that having 40 more ponies may make me use them more often and use more fuel but if I am just cruising and dont have to rev so hard as the turbo has increased torque (from 110lbft to 150) surely this will help.

Is an engine at its most efficient when its at or around peak torque?

Theres one fitted into my galant, it's only really a single use item as once you figure out where the engine like sitting rpm wise then your set, interestingly you can get up to 120+ before the vac starts dropping which would indicate that the load is minimal and you are still fairly economic.

As an example I used a tank of gas going no more than 110. Then I used another tank going up to 120 as is normal procedure on the north western motorway and both tanks got around 490 km's to 45 litres of 95

Theres one fitted into my galant, it's only really a single use item as once you figure out where the engine like sitting rpm wise then your set, interestingly you can get up to 120+ before the vac starts dropping which would indicate that the load is minimal and you are still fairly economic.

As an example I used a tank of gas going no more than 110. Then I used another tank going up to 120 as is normal procedure on the north western motorway and both tanks got around 490 km's to 45 litres of 95

how many kms is that thing up to now??