4x4 body lift

shizzl

good point.... not too sure what the control arm clearance to the ground would be like with 33s on it

shouldnt be too bad though..would think it would only be an inch or so difference between ifs and beam..

the swivel ball set up is quite bulky and add the springs underneath too..

both have pros and cons i guess

I went for a pajero in the end over an isuzu due to the lack of good examples of diesel bighorns/mu's for reasonable coin.

also the transfer cases on them are slung rather low I reckon.

I'd roll a 2.8swb bighorn, though. pretty solid engines the old 4jb1. the 3.1 is a bit choicer but a little more fragile. althoguh i saw a leaflet today for some joker selling engine kits for 4jg2 turbos, including a cylinder head, for a grand. probably shithouse as parts but still, crikey.

that said, I'm always on the lookout for a cheap, tidy 3.1 nkr truck that's not on COF spec to whack a turb on and use as a parts fetcher

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from what ive been told the 3.1 motors have really shitty sleeves,and no4 sleeve gets too hot and warps,locking the motor up.

not too good, probably from over fueling/boosting..

weve had 2 MUs and a old school surf....the MUs actually ruled as far as engines go,keep em serviced..

the surf had wicked blow by, it was a 2lt...went ok

to be honest the best 4wd ive had at climbing the same slippery h ill was a J80 econovan...it was awesome, had rally tyres on it, it would go almost anywhere

from what ive been told the 3.1 motors have really shitty sleeves,and no4 sleeve gets too hot and warps,locking the motor up.

not too good, probably from over fueling/boosting..

only thing i've seen is due to overheating, usually from leaking waterpumps, or a random pre combustion chamber dislodging and mashing a piston. all on non turb. i've not dealt with much turbo stuff. I'm told they're good if well looked after, though.

I'd always nail an egt gauge in a turbo diesel now eh. can let you know whats going on hardout.

yea. its "ultra high molecular weight polyethylene"

i need it in tube/ solid round form. bout 40-50mm dia.

donavans have / can get that kind stuff. arnold franks probably do it as well. blackwoods possibly as well?

Chur, got a mate at donovans. will try them tomorrow.

a guy i know has a surf with a supra motor in it, hes been after a stockcar for ages..

do you guys reckon a surfra would be sweet???

ive never driven a supra so no idea what they go like, id say it'd be N/A..

oh also for bodylifts make sure you get the strongest mofo bolts you can get...id hate to hit the brakes hard out and have the body come away from the chassis if the bolts shear off...

let us know how much that polythene costs

id doubt the body would just fly off,more like youll get a chest full of steering wheel action...

but shit yeah id pay to see that for sure..

so jz is good, m is not so good...cheers

is 40mm wide enough for the blocks? i wouldve thought around 50mm...hmm might go measure the stock rubbers to see what the dia is..

yep. thats at 25% GC discount tho.

donovans whangarei.

yes i quite like the surf. but it gets scratched very easy so i cant take it down most of the gnarly tracks.

its a 1kz-te. 3L turbs diseasel.

dscf0956z.jpg

have had the back tyres guard rubbing a few times

only thing it needs is a front air locker.

yea its got lifted springs in the back and adjustable panhard rod.

the fronts just wound up i think. standard adjustable dampers in the front even. and 32 inch bridgestone AT's

yea it goes very well. little hungry tho. i think somebody might have had a play with the diesel pump.

nah body lift is for my other toy. suzuki sj410/ samurai bitsa.