Rattling in clutch/gearbox

slickyddyer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

clutch plate from a sierra 1600

Which is the same plate as the Hillmans which most BNT/Repco's etc would have on the shelf...

Why do you say to cut the end of the sierras input shaft? I been looking and they are the same length

Just what I have been told by several old guys in the UK with a shit load of old Ford experience, it might not be the input shaft length thats different, it could be a slight difference in the depth of the bellhousing.

Unless of course there talking about the T9's from behind the V6 engines or not running the sandwich plate between engine and box.

Oh ok i just don't want to do it unless I have to..

I put a real good level across the front of both bell housings and the input shaft meets the level on both.

So as long as they are bolting ti the same place (they are) there isn't going to be a difference..

And if i did cut any off, there would be a section not enclosed by the wee bearing in end of crank (pilot bearing)

just bought a hilman avenger clutch plate fits perfect on the splines of sierra 5 speed if i could get motor of garage floor it id fit it ah well have to wait till weekend but any way if it is the clutchplate that is the drama this should work

Got flywheel back yesterday, lightened.

Put Hillman Avenger clutch plate in and it worked sweet as with minimal rattling and vibration.

So the moral of the story here is that you CAN NOT mate a sierra clutch kit to the original kent flywheel with the sierra bell housing and have play in clutch...unless you space motor and box..

So all done!