Patrol L28 differences vs Fairlady

thegreatestben

Found an older L28 powered patrol on trademe, my colleague that bought zedhed's fairlady is looking at it as a donor for the motor.

Went and had a look at it, seems sweet as. Does using an patrol motor present any problems?

Doesn't seem like any thing obvious but I really only poked my head into the engine bay at near dark.

Wanting a motor that isn't a dog atm. This seems like a good alternative/wants side drafts anyway

heaps of annoying shit, dizzy diaphragm poked.

It's a turbo motor, low comp as. Combined with the cam it's pretty balls to drive. It's got nothing below 4500rpm and takes about 4 years to get there. Once it starts coming on song it's better but it's kinda pointless. Runs like an absolute bag of shit in the morning, he drives his ee90 to work in the mornings and goes home at lunch to return in the fairlady :?

Pretty sure the viscous fan has decided to stay engaged now as well.

The patrol started up sweet, no strange noises etc.

I think Joel just wants to enjoy it but right now it's just a pain in the ass.

oh and it used $270 gas driving from auckland to wellington as well.

Sounds like its not running right. Would be worth converting to carbs and getting it tuned before changing the motor.

Would be surpised if it is a L28et, not many in NZ. If it is sell me it, p90 heads are the best of the lot.

Infact, check out the block and head numbers. Block is at the back of the motor and head is under number 2, both on sparkplug side.