Mark's Nissan President

kyteler

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

V8 is pretty torquey. also came with the set of steels all with poped tyres haha. so id say it does skids pretty sweet.

little bit of uncertainty to current shed location so once thats all sorted i will be carefully dismantling and doing full restore.

I didn't even know you had this mighty beast in your stable 10-5. You really are a bit of a dark horse..........

nah im just a bit slow at doing shit so shit takes a while to actually get out of the stable haha.

this is a mean ride,it lookd sik wen it got its paint job yrs ago

"Looked" is very deceptive.

Have you seen what was under that paint? They packed the rust holes with tinfoil..

like he said years ago, which was prob when it was done, pity it was never done to last. oh well its in good hands now.

Always preferred these earlier 250 Nissan presidents. I owned a 252 1987 square headlight model, in my opinion not as cool as these earlier circular head light models (for a start the dash in the newer pressies are more plastic-ky etc)

My uncle had a brown 250 like this, used to be a tongan embassy car.. I see one of the guys selling a 252 nissan president has a "parts" president, might be worth while giving him a go to see if you can get any trim bits etc, or scour Yahoo japan?

Seems to be a few of these kicking around now (later model 252 models) hardly any of these earlier models, I know there used to be a "Mint" black 250 "Sovereign" with 70,000km down south somewhere about 10 years ago. Who knows whats happened to it now? I believe those hubcaps are from a 252 (prob the one that got stripped for "banger" racing).

Here's something you may not know, Leonid Brezhnev the Soviet leader owned the second 250 Nissan president ever made. It was a gift to him by a Jap diplomat. Apparently he used to drive it tanked and at high speed (gave nixon a ride in it too apparently) there's stuff on it over the net I have posted some links below. Stories like this make the car even cooler.

http://www.russiablog.org/2007/07/brezh ... ty_yea.php

http://karakullake.blogspot.com/2010/06 ... ident.html

ok, a bit more research the Japanese Diplomat who gifted the President to Brezhnev was also a USSR KGB spy. The story gets better, a KGB spy gives a Soviet Leader the biggest and probably the most prestigious Japanese car as a gift in the midst of the cold war --- a commy leader with the biggest eyebrows of any world head in history (who got drunk and smashed a Rolls given to him by the Queen) and who collected cars as a hobby.

Apparently he refused to be driven by agents/chauffeurs but would drive himself home in his President, throughly intoxicated and at high speeds while chain smoking cigars...(I am pretty sure that Nixon also gave Brezhnev a Lincoln as a gift). Apparently he lost control of the President at least once while under the influence and messed up the side of the car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/donincognito/2237715253/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 74185.html

The president failed to sell at $450k US at an auction a few years back

haha some pretty crazy stories. yeah i have noticed these round head light 70's presidents quite a bit harder to find hence why i was very keen on this specific one. the hub caps came of the one thats is on here being sold for parts in the UK. They just turned up. I wish i had a set of the original full stainless hub caps but ive only got one and months of scouring YAJ for anything president resulted in nothing so i got these so i have at least something. They do have a bit of stainless on them for me to polish up though so we will see how they look. Failing that ive found some American steels that could be the business also.

no idea what one would go like as a drag engine probably be ok but yeh rev limit means its probably going to be quite a lazy drag. ive only driven this thing to my shed with a fucked auto trans, defiantly was smooth power and dragged this tank along with minimal effort but doubt it would be anything to push you back into the seat. wont know i guess until it has a decent trans init i supposed. previous owner rooted the trans doing skids. prob to much N to D as shifter is floppy as balls. so must lay out a bit of torque, old as spec injection though so no idea if there is any kind of limiter.

Hi, i just thought i let you know i got 3 good hub caps you after and 1 slightly run over one ( dont ask..). Also got a "75 President 250 sittin out on driveway rottin away if you need anything maybe able to help out. Cheers.

Post up pics...always interested in pressies,,also know someone else who may be keen on parts for one..where in nz are you jono..do you own another pres as well?

Hi, i just thought i let you know i got 3 good hub caps you after and 1 slightly run over one ( dont ask..). Also got a "75 President 250 sittin out on driveway rottin away if you need anything maybe able to help out. Cheers.

ill get back to you on that, i defiantly will need some parts. i got a ignition barrel from a 80's president which i just went and checked today and it wont fit, tho the barrel isnt the problem its the switch so i might be able to retro fit that but failing that im going to need to find another one some where.

could you post some pictures of it? and yeah where about in NZ are you?

does it have an electric antenna in it? keen for that, also keen for ignition switch.

The person i got my president off wreaked another car also so i got a fair few spares with it. Im mainly after obscure little things so if you had some photos i could see whats left on it, not to concerned with the exterior more interior parts.