Car dies on slight throttle, fine if i mash it

dave123456789

Hey guys, i took my car out today and got a new wof/reg and on the way home was mucking around with the GAS/PETROL knob and left it on gas so my car never started then the battery went flat. worked out what I had done wrong and roll started it back into life although now when I give it light throttle as if I was leaving an intersection it dies but if i punch the gas down a fair bit its fine.

Am going to pull carb off tonight and give it a clean out since i am suspecting that thingie that squrits petrol when the throttle is applied (very technical terms :D ) is blocked since my fuel tank is full of crap.

Any ideas what else would cause this? car drives fine and doesnt die when shifting gears its just the light throttle causing problems. 3.3l vauxhaul engine zenith carb.

thanks.

edit: dont tell me to always mash the gas pedal, clutch already sad

sounds like something lodged in one of the main jets of the carb.

i was thinking similar especially if its a mechanical secondary .

i had this happen when i was dumb and forgot to tighten the bolts on the airfilter base, they rattled loose and fell into the main throat .

had exact same syptoms ...

but like i siad if you have a fuel filter. nothing should block the jets .

Yea car use to have LPG but now just runs on gas as lpg cert expired 10 or so years ago.

Car does have one of those glass filters but thats it.

Car was fine before it died now its acting weird. Pulling carb apart right now.

maybe the valve aint sealing right and your sucking air? .

i cant see a carb will suddenly pack up especially if you have got a filter .

then again rust and crud could have been suck in .

im sure that the inlet for the carb has a guaze filter aswell?

dont quote me

There was a small bit of dirty stuff in the carb but nothing was blocking the gauze. Went to town with compressed air and am going to put back on car again in a few minutes.

What do you mean by valve? you mean the part the suppose to let the lpg in? The car idles fine and runs the same as always its just if i try to gently raise the revs it will die.

There was a small bit of dirty stuff in the carb but nothing was blocking the gauze. Went to town with compressed air and am going to put back on car again in a few minutes.

What do you mean by valve? you mean the part the suppose to let the lpg in? The car idles fine and runs the same as always its just if i try to gently raise the revs it will die.

what im trying to get at is had it suddenly just started doing this?

what im trying to get at is had it suddenly just started doing this?

Yea it had just randomly started doing it.

I put it all back together and the idle was about 300 higher than usual, put it back down to 7-800 now runs fine. Must have been some stuff got sucked in when the fuel was cut off and it was just pumping air through it.