Is this a WOF issue?

coldturkey

Hi, next time could you please post a tech thread in the tech section. I will move it there shortly.

Basically as the sill looks to be damaged, it could indeed be a WOF issue - but it depends how picky the inspector is. I know that you usually get picked up on if the sill is dented from underneath so I don't see how being dented on the side will be any different.

drill small holes and use a slide hammer to pull out as much of the dent as you can. I (and possibly the WOF man) would be interested to know how much damage is behind the bottom of that front guard.

• 3 weeks later...

Damage with in a (insert amount here) area of a door hinge would be most likely be a no go. If the door catches the sill or guard when it opens, I would be getting it fixed regardless.

The U13 bluebird guard is easy to get off and bash into shape.

The sill itself doesn’t look that bad. Rather than drilling a hole in the painted area you may even be able to make a hole in the back of the sill and push something through. there may even maybe a factory one around there.

The door would be a bit of fun. Should be a speaker hole in the door near to there to get access. Its all lower than the side intrushion bar of the door so you should be able to get in to fix it.

Or just find the white door again. :D

you may even be able to make a hole in the back of the sill and push something through. there may even maybe a factory one around there.

:D

I had this done on my accord a few years back due to a WOF failure, it was around 300 to repair from memory..