help Identifying this mount (1uz conversion)

Seedy Al

hey you crazy animals

So a friend of mine (kinda, hes more a frind of my boss) has a lj71 land cruiser / prado with a 1uz in it

however it has a nicly broken engine mount on the passenger side, and we have no idea what its off.

it could be a factory 1uz one, or amoething else, so i hope you guys can help

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

Word to the west coast homys

Allan

If its a 1UZ mount it will most likely be a pre 1996 Crown - UZS131 engine as the SC400 Soarers and LS400 Celsiors run round type mounts. I fitted a early crown engine to my MX5 that had mounts that looked similar.

Crown (pre-96) - Traditional steel mounts with a rubber isolating block with 4 fasteners.

Crown (post-96) - cast Alloy "ears" that stick straight out with a rubber isolator with one stud each end.

SC400 - cast Alloy "ears" that stick straight out with a rubber isolator with one stud each end. Same as Crown (post-96)

LS400 - cast alloy "ears" that sweep forward and out with a rubber isolator with one stud each end.

Celsior – as per LS400

Im pretty confident is an early crown mount. The shock slightly more confirms my thoughts. If you have no luck in finding a mount you can get them rebuilt with nolethane at a place called shock absorber services. They re-made a mount for me once that was hard to find. Im sure other places could rebuild it also. Or jump on tardme and search this guy > swampy9 They have a pair of mounts in stock at the moment to suit an early crown. I was quoted $130 couriered to Auckland from Rangiora

Im pretty confident is an early crown mount. The shock slightly more confirms my thoughts. If you have no luck in finding a mount you can get them rebuilt with nolethane at a place called shock absorber services. They re-made a mount for me once that was hard to find. Im sure other places could rebuild it also. Or jump on tardme and search this guy > swampy9 They have a pair of mounts in stock at the moment to suit an early crown. I was quoted $130 couriered to Auckland from Rangiora

Shock Absorber Services would have sent the job to Bricon Engineering, who would of sent the job to my work to get done.

if you can make a mould up then i can pour it with polyurethane.

basically need something to hold the 2 plates together in the position thats right. then a piece of steel bent into the outside shape of the piece thats to be re urethaned. just need a decient size hole in it so i can pour the polyurethane into it.

hey dude, i have a spare set of those mounts, left and right side, with shock absorber. Came off the motor i put into my GS131, unfortunately the chassis are different so i had to custom make some.

give me a text/email/pm if your keen, they are sitting in my scrap metal pile i was planning to take to metal man.

Nic

027 408 6611

nictauroa@hotmail.com

hey dude, i have a spare set of those mounts, left and right side, with shock absorber. Came off the motor i put into my GS131, unfortunately the chassis are different so i had to custom make some.

give me a text/email/pm if your keen, they are sitting in my scrap metal pile i was planning to take to metal man.

Nic

027 408 6611

nictauroa@hotmail.com

I could be keen if they are in your scrap pile.

I don't know if my motor is coming with them.

Should know soon, just sent mail.