hunteds gizmo

Beaver

just purchased this.....my god its ugly

131771808_full.jpg

131771588_full.jpg

can take passengers for joy rides (at warp speed), so is a upgrade from my might FA50 haha

unsure of running state of it, aparently its just missing something from the carb...

plans are get it going, see how it comapres speedwise with the fa, and sell the slower one haha.

probably end up giving this a radtastic paint scheme involving matt black

it has two chains (one on each side) and if you look closely you can see the pedal shaft (missing cranks and pedals)...

if your super lucky you'll be able to get a kit for it and make it heaps faster than the FA

And no uglier than my latest purchase 129469153_full.jpg

it has two chains (one on each side) and if you look closely you can see the pedal shaft (missing cranks and pedals)...

if your super lucky you'll be able to get a kit for it and make it heaps faster than the FA

And no uglier than my latest purchase 129469153_full.jpg

ah yep i see it now, cheers. he said it comes with a few parts that need to be put back on so hopefully theres some pedals in there

picked this up today, had a pretty good look over it. only parts i can tell are missing is the throttle cable (including the piston in the carb :doubt: ), one of the cranks/pedals, and a few washers that keep the crankshaft thingy that the cranks are on centered.

so took carb off, and looks like a il be able to fit a generic one off trademe, and was just kicking it over and it fukn started! scared the shit out of me haha. so yeh didnt know what to do lol, the key was off and shit so yeh, it just ran until it drained the gas that mustve been in the engine. so ye it runs haha

only major issue i found it that the front shocks have a shit load of sideways play in them....will further investigate

so yeh all in all pretty fucking stocked.

plan is to get running and the repaint, as its currently a mixture of red (original), green and primer haha

right, few pics. its a fucking ugly bike to be honest haha, but it looks better now than it did, the old paint was full of runs and bubbles. just waiting on the carb to arrive, then it should be good to go. front shocks are fucked and wobble about, will need to fix that at some stage as well

IMGP2911.jpg

IMGP2910.jpg

IMGP2916.jpg

IMGP2913.jpg

os reppin'

IMGP2917.jpg

IMGP2918.jpg

flat mates FA

IMGP2919.jpg

oh hai cortina! fukn piece....lol

got this going today, had to wait for a new carb.

having some issues seting the idle but yeh, goes mean. need to suss out a air filter and choke cable as it wont start as is, need to stick hand over carb etc. lights even worked lol. hopefully will take it for a hoon tomoro or over the weekend

• 2 weeks later...

found a pedal that fits of a tiny bmx i had, jammed that on.

also was habbing trouble with the new carb i got, so did a few mods to the old one so i could use the bits from the new one, chucked that on, then it ran heaps better. was idleing and everything!

then did a few skids in the backyard. then it stopped, and then i snapped the chain trying to start it again haha.

man this thing has so much tang tang

had a wee study break, got this thing running mint, just need to set the idle. has a massive hole in the exhasut so its fucking loud and tangy, just the way we like it. headlight, brake light and rear indicators work so am stocked. i pulled fronts off cause they were hot glued on. will attach them back on somehow. oneday.

was boosting around the yard and it seems to get a weird shudder on at like 10+km. will take it for a blast on the road and see what happens when i pin it. will probably self combust/wheel will fall off/ill die.