Supercharger and carb questions

Southern Hardstyle

am looking at purchasing a weiand 177 supercharger with manifold to suit my 308, am just wondering if anyone can give me advice on what size carb i would need to upgrade to? would be running lowish boost due to high engine compression, have been told edelbrock or holley would be the go but havent been given any specific carbs to go for, any info on this would be great.

Holleys are great because of the support, you can get pretty much any bit you want and can customise them to suit. It's all been done before as well so its easier, which is a plus and a minus. The eldelbrock is pretty much as good - I think they are based on a Carter or Rochester carb originally but cant remember which, again you can get all the bits and they are pretty much similar to the holley anyway.

There isn't a huuuuge amount between them but it probably is cheaper to buy a 2nd hand holley and then change whatever you need to suit.

Or if you want to be different you could run a couple of Webers or mechnaical injection but you will have to figure it out yourself alot more.

really depends if you just want a simple bolt on solution or if you are trying to reinvent the wheel somewhat.

no thanks on reinventing the wheel :lol: simple bolt on solution would be my preferred route of choice,

and looks to be a standard rochester thats being run atm

780cfm quaddie was a good carb for alot of people and was often found on many varying motors because it was dam economical when driven quietly and then when the foot went down the big secondaries open away you went.

no thanks on reinventing the wheel :lol: simple bolt on solution would be my preferred route of choice,

and looks to be a standard rochester thats being run atm

780cfm quaddie was a good carb for alot of people and was often found on many varying motors because it was dam economical when driven quietly and then when the foot went down the big secondaries open away you went.

\

i quite like teh quaddies the come from 400 -1050 cfm and yeah .. there a good setup

The trick with holleys though, is to externally reference the powervalve(s) when running drawthorugh.

It's very important otherwise it'll lean out & detonate. It tells you how to do it in the "how to modify hollies" book.

Vac secondaries are best too as you're less likely to get a flat spotwhen you open it up.Even better is LPG.

Steve