Intake plenums etc.

EURON8

Well it's not like I haven't done it before, haha.

It always pays to measure things beforehand, just to make sure everything's going to fit without needing anything cutting. But modding the manifold is never a good idea. Done that too.

Actually the motor might need dropping quite a bit. Might have to measure it?

Steve

not thaaaat big a deal modding the manifold and its a shitload less work than notching mounts and the sump. dont have to pull the motor out and if it's going to be slammed as hell as I'm guessint it will be then a lower sump is not great.

What about a different factory manifold? did they come with any different manifolds in different model cars?

Cant and wont drop motor - sits below sills to far for my liking already. And any lower and itll hit crossmember, only just got enough room to reshape front bit of sump to squezze in.

Also, i did talk to certifier and he recommended not cutting covers at all as it gets real hard to prove that the remade piece is as strong as original.

Also where the intake comes up through the covers is where the hinge on the passenger seat is, so would mean i would need to replace that too.

Redoing intake is to best option so i can leave all the covers and seat mounts factory and easy.

Next question: anybody want to tig this up for me? haha

Your certifier is just being lazy or is unsure himself what the rules are. Something doesnt sound right, when can build a car from scratch and certify it but you cant modify a engine cover with a seat belt hole. My advice is dont give up on the modified cover, go back to your certifier or talk to another one.

Your certifier is just being lazy or is unsure himself what the rules are. Something doesnt sound right, when can build a car from scratch and certify it but you cant modify a engine cover with a seat belt hole. My advice is dont give up on the modified cover, go back to your certifier or talk to another one.

I dont want to modify the cover. It will affect to seat as and i want to keep the interior parts factory.

Manifold mods is the way im going, options is what im after now

how much does the cover need to be raised by?

Could you get away with a spacer or 2 under the hinges and longer bolts?

Then just get some fatter/thicker rubber seals to seal any exhaust gases into the engine bay.

It may work.

Sometimes the simplest ideas are the ones that work.

how much does the cover need to be raised by?

Could you get away with a spacer or 2 under the hinges and longer bolts?

Then just get some fatter/thicker rubber seals to seal any exhaust gases into the engine bay.

It may work.

Sometimes the simplest ideas are the ones that work.

Good thoughts, but the covers that fowl are bolt in and affect the passenger seat mounts.

I think ill just go straight for ITBS, Time to start browsing trademe i think.

GTIR ones are a pain in the arse good for fuck all, silvertop all day, you got some after market EFI already?

Ya mean ECU?

Not yet, but will do, not sure if ill go brandnew or just run an older link.

I think ill just go straight for ITBS,

bubblegoose stamp of approval right here

Oh my, got a semi/hemi going on right now.

What material would one recommend to build the runners out of? Steel tubing? wall thickness? Would a few donuts and some straight pieces be fine ? First attempt at something like this. :oops::D

Would ask for other proven designs too but it looks like im stuck with putting them whereever theyll fit atm.

They could probably go straight out on some really short runners, but wouldnt be alot of space for a filter so a slight upward angle on them would probably work. ill go measure so stuff and make up a quick paint spec diagram.

edit:

engine.jpg

Hope it makes sense. There is actually quite a bit of room. will need to angle them forward as back itb will come out and hit main support panel