K-trips '91 Citroen BX 1.9D now replaced with 1.8TD model

KKtrips

I have super sweet memories of hooning round manchester off my tits in my mates one, melting into those leather seats.

massive tardus hatch spec impressed me with its ability to swallow all our band gear.

night safari is a nighttime electric train ride around a massive zoo.sounds gay as but all the big cats etc are out and theres no fences just invisible trenches its really well done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

No pic update but will chuck a couple up tonight.

Picked up my new turbo version on Friday - same colour, same year but sans sunroof. It isn't hugely more powerful overall but the mid range power from 2500-3500 is where its all at - I'll wind the wick up this week. I changed over the wheels over the weekend and now it looks just like the old one.

Disappointed at a couple of things - its been in a huge crash which has taken the left front corner out and some panelbeater has just cut through from behind the LF wheel to almost the RF corner and has stitched on a body cut of similar colour. The welds have started to rust cos he only sealed it with a shitty cheap underseal - no etch primer or nothing first. Also has a flogged out LF wheelbearing and rust in the LH A Pillar. I'll get on to fixing those ASAP.

Good things are the ride is a bit more couch like than the old one - most people would like a firmer sportier ride of the old one - I'm more keen for the boat like ride.

Have a bit of a list of things I want to do to get it up to spec but will start hoarding parts in the meantime till I can afford to take it off the road for a couple weeks. May even take a week off work in a month or so to git 'er done.

Haha - Joe, Shaz and I were talking over beers and gummi bears in the weekend and I came to the conclusion that that solution would actually be almost perfect but I can't cos I have already presold my other BX. All good though - not too bummed about it cos its still a lush car to drive I just need to push up me sleeves and get some work done.

(TBH its what I would/should expect for a cheap car)

phwoar. balls about accident damage.

loved driving this thing when pee dubz got it. did he put new spheres on it? he said something about getting some.

ken to come play bxs one time. lemme know if you're ken for a tea maker when/if you take a week off. I'll grab a day and shit. mean.

Shit yeah - that'd be cash az!

Nah he didn't put new spheres on. Not entirely sure I'll need to TBH - the ride is lurverly.

Pretty much sold from these 2 comments

But the rev range between idle and 2000 rpm is basically useless and performance is flat until 2500 rpm.

But without any muffling, the turbo felt like it was effectively boosting just off idle!

So, how noisy was the muffler-less Peugeot? Well, probably too noisy for me,

Sounds poifeck..

Yah, my brother still has his. It's pretty rooted. I need to bend the accelerator pedal back into shape though. It snapped off a while ago but did not get welded back together in the optimal position, so it hits the floor before max throttle is achieved. Black smoke production is greatly reduced as a result.

Is the turbo gear interchangeable between the 2? 1.9TD would be pretty sweet