Engine temp rises with engine speed

Toucan

Hey all, hopefully a quick one here,

Driving around and my temp gauge will go up as I go through the gears, down slightly cruising at 50, not sure about open road cruising, and then right down to below normal operating temp at idle. It is very closely matched with engine speed.

Firstly I looked at the thermostat and found it does not open up (boiling it on the stove), so have removed this for now, have not had a chance to put a new one in (yet). Symptoms are the same except it now takes a bit longer to initially warm up as expected.

Engine is 1500 OHV bellett engine. Temp gauge used to be bang on halfway no matter what speed/revs I was doing.

What is a likely cause?

Couldn't see any problems with electrical side of things, and I don't think it is electrical, due to the fact that the gauge takes awhile to rise from cold, and the problem is only noticeable after driving around for a bit.

Fingers crossed the water pump makes it through the weekend. I have rang around a few places, and nobody can locate a new one.

There were some (8) at Stanmore Road Autos in Christchurch but they were all bought by a chap in Aus.

GMB Part number GWIS-13a stamped with number 7y05.

I does founds you won.

$95.60 - not sure if that was retail or trade or incl or plus GST cos I was too dumb to ask - (lets say worst case scenario $107.55)

I will pick it up this afternoon and bring to you tonight - will exchange for what it costs me cash money and road job.

For reals? Legend!

Your searching > My searching

Fo Reals - used your part number and it matches listing for Isuzu Bellet >68

If its wrong I can always return it but these guys are pretty spot on with old stuff normally..

You obviously weren't listening to John Farnham while searching for parts..

That is why my search > your search