Broken Keys, Who can fix it? and Why's my car so slow?

LingLing

Big thanks to you all guys.. Just need to wait till tomorrow, just bought a starlet, 1000cc 1E engine (12V) 4spd, 87 starlet. and I broke the key in the first hour lol.

Another note, is 1E slow? I can get to 100kms/h but I had 2E corolla before, it was way faster than this 1E.

Borken... lol

swedish_chef.jpg

Changed.

Another note, is 1E slow? I can get to 100kms/h but I had 2E corolla before, it was way faster than this 1E.

Kind of makes sense, the 1E being 1000cc and the 2E being 1300cc. In saying that though, horsepower only changes from 55hp to 65hp, so I would still expect the 1E to be okish in a light car. Aparant top speed for the car was 160km/h. It probably wouldn't do that now without a hill but if you are running out of puff at 100km/h chances are something is wrong, or you need to lose some weight.

Kind of makes sense, the 1E being 1000cc and the 2E being 1300cc. In saying that though, horsepower only changes from 55hp to 65hp, so I would still expect the 1E to be okish in a light car. Aparant top speed for the car was 160km/h. It probably wouldn't do that now without a hill but if you are running out of puff at 100km/h chances are something is wrong, or you need to lose some weight.

not running out of puff, I think it would do 120 to 130kms/h top speed, Btw, it's a 4spd, not 5spd, and I don't think this car will ever go faster than 140kms/h, i had a 1000cc charade with 5spd, that could only do 140kms/h ish.

but still, yeh, maybe there is something wrong with it. When I bought the car, the owner have never changed the oil, the oil was runing extreamly low, very black and looked like sluge. so I changed the oil and filter, and it feels way better, so what's wrong with it? i will change the fuel filter sometime soon.

1st issue, most so-called hardware stores are piss useless at cutting old, worn keys, and nine times out of ten, they won't work nicely if they do sort of unlock.

2nd issue, if the car has been poorly maintained, it is likely to be rather bunged up.

check plugs, timing etc then put some decent fuel in it. take it for a raping, and replace oil/filter if it is turned black real quick due to dislodging crap from around the engine.