go kart problems!! out in ohoka chch somewhere...

samii

hey i'm house sitting for some mates out in ohoka at the moment and they have a wee home made go kart with a susuki 250cc motorbike engine strapped to the back. it hasn't been used in ages. (like effing ages) it sounds like it's wanting to start up. but it just won't turn over, it jumps forward if you leave the clutch out when you start it. just wondering if anyone knows anything i could do or have a look or whatever. would be a mean wee paddock smasher whilst they are away :D

New fuel, make sure fuel is getting through the probably gunked up carb.

Whip the plug out, give it a wire brush and turn that piece over with the plug out to see if it is getting spark.

Got all that shiz? If it still aint going, bash it with a hammer.

I'd tend to agree with bubblegoose. I was once given an RGV that wouldn't start for free. Pulled the carbs off, and cleaned them out. drained the tank, and put some stones in it to scrape loose all the shit in the tank. B it of fresh gas and new plugs and it started 2nd kick.

The carbs were blocked solid with crap. Some of the orifaces were so small I had to sharped a piece of gas welding wire to a needle point to unblock it. (tip cleaners and compressed air wouldn't even get a look in it was so small.)