Hawkes Boes Convoy - Wellington to Napier

KKtrips

Nothing is ever in concrete when trying to organise a herd of wagoneers (or is it a gaggle/flock/pod/murder??) but approximate timeframes for cruising to Napier on Saturday..

Meet at Pinkys 8.30am

Leaving Pinkys at 9am

Hitting bottom of the Rimutakas (most likely gas up at the servo) about 9.45am

Next Checkpoint would be Woodville about 12pm (I think thats where SH2 meets up with Manawatu Gorge??)

From there its gentle cruising, stopping only for beaches/streams/fjords/hitchhikers/penguins crossing and urination/fuel/pies/booze..

So watch out Timelords we're about to hit 88km/h and be fighting all you bastards with our knowledge of the future..

Also - Updates of current wagoneers car status for those who want a laugh

KK - Commy - has sort of passed the WOF (had fuckup with seatbelt and I won't get it back from mechanics till tomorrow night) and I haven't driven further than 15km since purchase

Dadams - 240C - goes in for WOF check tomorrow - list unknown

Grinter - Val Safari - head is off and comes back from reconditioners tomorrow lunchtime - but its legal

Steelies - Coon - hasn't been driven in 2 weeks, checking over starts tonight - it is legal though

CDL - Crown - TBA - legal??

FUCK - its gunna be an allround thursday/friday night thrash methinks - and 2 of the guys have band practice tommorow night too....

will meet you guys at bottom of rimutakas, will be in a new car though so will act like im not with yous

mmm subway stop ... wonder if the bull ring is open at that time of the morning :lol: / nah i stole heaps of tuis shit from there last time i went

Also - Updates of current wagoneers car status for those who want a laugh

KK - Commy - has sort of passed the WOF (had fuckup with seatbelt and I won't get it back from mechanics till tomorrow night) and I haven't driven further than 15km since purchase

Dadams - 240C - goes in for WOF check tomorrow - list unknown

Grinter - Val Safari - head is off and comes back from reconditioners tomorrow lunchtime - but its legal

Steelies - Coon - hasn't been driven in 2 weeks, checking over starts tonight - it is legal though

CDL - Crown - TBA - legal??

FUCK - its gunna be an allround thursday/friday night thrash methinks - and 2 of the guys have band practice tommorow night too....

i can see this being a journey of expansive proportions

So latest update of Welly Wags

Commy - Legal - was fitting CB tonight and when running the antenna cable I broke a plastic T fitting off the manifold - nearly cried. Had a quick think and found a big ass tapered thread bolt from the spare doors of my Austin - covered it in master gasket sealant and used bolt to cut its own thread into the remnants of the plastic fitting- ran car and it runs better than ever before (I suspect it must have been kinda broken before) - JEAH Devil in an Angel Disguise

240C - Legal - pulled springs out and cut off half a coil - reinstalling shocks and a bolt broke off in the bottom arm - FARK!! - mucho stress and the remnants of the bolt came out surprisingly easily - fitted new bolt - jeah c is now even more frontally slammed - looks better than when I had it :-(

Valiant - Legal - Head was going back on tonight - apparently reconditioner still has some of the bolts needed to reinstall - havent had a full update yet though

Coon - Legal - was taken away from lockup tonight - started misfiring on way home, have to try and sort issue tomorrow after work.

Crown - Legal - all AOK except serious guard rub issues on the front guards - is trying to roll the guards for some more clearance

All in all - progress is sideways - last minute thrash is inevitable tommorow - will not be updating till we get to Napier - place your bets now about who is going to make it... :-)