NVMY R's, KRR31 Passage GT Turbo w/ pics

NVMY R

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was just asking if the rb20 head will fit on a 30 block. I think retaining this head with the factory setup but with a capacity increase to 3L, while remaining otherwise factory standard in appearance would be fucken sweet (if it were possible).

Are you worried about devaluing such a rare and exotic car ky? I'd say the fact that he picked it up for less than a thousand bucks doesn't quite put it in that area just yet, and it probably won't be for some years to come so fun might as well be had in the mean time.

What you can pick cars up for sometimes doesn't necessarily give you a good sense of value.

If it had already been messed with, if it was scrappy, been in a crash, etc. then I would say do whatever. Hell it might be like that, it just came across as though it was in good nick with a hard to find motor setup. I would think it was worth preserving that, yes. It's no GTS-X or GTS-R Coupe, but still...

The way I see it is if the base car is factory spec in every regard, the chances are reasonable that you'll find someone willing to buy it from you for more than what buying one of the Aussie variants would cost and then not only do you have an R31 but you have at least a little cash to mod it. Or alternatively, instead of buying the Aussie variant get a Cressida which was the desired vehicle in the first place.

As people have said and as I said previous. You bought it, it's your car, go for your life.

Thanks for the feedback man, car is semi mint aye. Engine bay hasn't really been touched but is missing the odd plastic clips here and there and needs a solid dose of degreaser. Interior is mint as, bar the buttons around the steering console are worn from use. Tape player still works came with a few mix tapes. Carpet has seen better days, so I'm gonna try track down a new one from Australia. Seats are mint royal blue velour, slightly faded in the rear seats from the sun ( not sure if you can get them re dyed or refurbished ). Outside needs the most TLC, it's white and has the odd bit of surface rust here and there. My main concern is the front and rear under the bumpers is all dinged up so that needs a good panel and paint.

choice mate. Ive got 2 HR31s myself...ones a Standard coupe GTS-X RB20det lsd (but replaced with locked atm)active front spoiler etc. and a auto rb20e pillarless for my daily. they are solid cars the 31s. easy to get power out but jap specs parts are harder to find compaired to auzzys.but jap specs are staunch. btw they are irs so can have some serious camber goodness...-offset ftw :twisted::badgrin: (just need to get rid of xxr for some 15x10 xr4s now lol)

tbh and in my opinion do want you mate , but itd be stupid to throw away the original stuff , aka keep it and make sure it can be returned to stock . no cutting etc . o.g examples are awes and id rather see a base model get raped rather then an awes model like this one .

then again i have plans for my 910 that are far from stock .

btw just so you know. rb20det go pretty well imo. Nothing wrong with them as long as you aint chasing silly/unusable(on the street) power. Just put on a zaust + an rb25 turbo + poddy and bov and boost tap and vr4 front mount and it'll be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet as. have been in and driven many a nissan with that setup and they go realy well. Realy reliably unless you are drifting/doughnuting or running silly/stupid boost. tend to running big endz if you abuse them. And coil packs fuck out like once a week. otherwise they are fully sweet engines for the money. So so so cheep

in saying that the most awesome car i ever experienced is a stock r32 gts with a mad dyno tuned to4 rb30det. Fuck can you say scary!?

Cool man, yeah this my first nissan. Plans for the car won't be too drastic aye, pannel and paint (keep it the factory colour), drop it on some period correct wheels, I-H-E, and an intercooler. I'm not in too much of a hurry as I've gotta get rid Type R and free up some cash to rip into it.

There's also a coulpe of things that need replacing in the interior, such as a couple of the pop up lock surrounds are AWOL and the gear lever surround as it has been converted from auto. If I can't find any of these gear lever surround things I guess i'ts probably easier to find some pics of the factory item and make a mould and glass one up. Also It's got some sh*tty cheap arsed gear knob on it so If anyone has a Nardi Wood grain jobby lying around let me know and I'll take it off your hands :) .